Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

My last experience with the police in clubland was of them standing in the middle of the street on horses, just staring at people. Occasionally girls would come up for pictures with the horses, and they would happily oblige. Then, a guy went up for a picture and the cops all shouted in unison "What the fuck are you doing? Get the fuck away!" I also saw several horses barely under control, a serious danger with crowds of pedestrians.

Consider your experience a rare anomaly. I've been there hundreds of times and the horses are always under complete control, and the police officers very polite.

Thanks to voxpop for the thread(s) and information.

Aerial view and photos ...

117PeterSt.jpg

Richmond_Peter.jpg

Richmond_Peter1.jpg

Richmond_Peter2.jpg

117PeterSt3.jpg

I've been clubbing for years and I've never seen anything where a cop has provoked something, mostly I see dumb ass kids starting stupid ass brawls on the street, and then the cops moving in to break it all up. That is believe it or not their job. I used to go every weekend to club land, now i can't stand it because people are always starting shit, so now i party in lil Italy or queen west west. I have been annoyed most by kids in the clubs trying to act tough and trying to start fights cause they are wannabe hero's who think they're invincible. But then it depends on your opinion, and I always find all the wannabe thugs in this city to be more dangerous because they still feel the need to prove their "thugness" whereas real "thugs" who are "made" aren't that stupid to get caught by cops for some dumb thing they did after a nightclub.

117PeterSt1.jpg

hehe. i used to stand just to the right of the black building handing out flyers in front of that alley which was pretty sketch at times. i think it's called embassy and is actually a more upscale club meaning there's an enforced dress code.

Honestly, that building's got an interesting Prairie/Nouveau/Deco sort of facade--the worst thing is the narcissistic club-ifying of the right-hand side of the base...

I agree. It has potential to be quite a nice building if the ground floor was renovated and the stucco was taken off those parts between the windows. I could imagine a nice glassy addition to the top of this looking quite attractive.

The club district is one of the least threatening areas of the city, I've never understood all the fuss. Hopefully planners in favour of completely destroying the district pull their heads out of their asses soon enough.

As for the building itself, I like the Peter St facade, but the rest isn't much of a loss. Especially Cantina Charlie's, that place is terrible. Embassy is a bit more of a loss, but I'm sure they'll open up elsewhere.

Embassy is a nice place to go to. I was recently there for a friends birthday and had a great time. Wasn't hassled at all even while dancing with my boyfriend.

One of the better establishments in the district.

117PeterSt1.jpg

hehe. i used to stand just to the right of the black building handing out flyers in front of that alley which was pretty sketch at times. i think it's called embassy and is actually a more upscale club meaning there's an enforced dress code.
That used to be System Soundbar, a really great place for dnb and breaks back in the day.. Now it's Embassy, another fucking top 40 gino club. Not a huge loss to clubland, trust me.

Back