Toronto T3 Bayside | 42m | 10s | Hines | 3XN

groundbreaking of T3 Bayside? is one tower or two towers? I am not sure if T3 Bayside really two towers? or just one tower?
Just one starting construction for now. The second is planned to happen a bit later

Just one starting construction for now. The second is planned to happen a bit later

Now I know one tower go built it then second one, what called tower? T4? or what? just say "T3 Bayside East"? because starting construction was T3 Bayside West? or what? I just want make sure which one East or West where really starting construction?

Now I know one tower go built it then second one, what called tower? T4? or what? just say "T3 Bayside East"? because starting construction was T3 Bayside West? or what? I just want make sure which one East or West where really starting construction?
I'm not sure if this one will be T3 Bayside East or West. I would guess West only because that one will feel closer to the city centre, but there may be other reasons that might have pushed the other one forward first. You should read the front page story here: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2020/0...t-toronto-break-ground-mass-timber-t3-bayside to learn about what T3 stands for.

Can anyone deduce who the structural engineer is on these? I can't seem to find it *anywhere*!

Magnusson Klemencic Associates. They have offices in Seattle and Chicago. They worked with Hines on the T3 office building in Minneapolis and Atlanta- although they partnered with StructureCraft on those - who have done a lot of work in Canada.

Last edited:
Construction accelerates at Hines’ Bayside Toronto development

Jul. 28, 2020

It’s the latest addition to the 13-acre, master-planned Bayside Toronto site. The 251,000-square-foot T3 Bayside is the first of two heavy timber office buildings to be built on the site in the East Bayfront neighbourhood. Construction has begun despite Hines not having any confirmed tenants for the project.

“We have confidence in the Toronto marketplace and we’re proceeding,” Hines senior managing director and country head Avi Tesciuba told RENX. “A number of parties have shown interest.”

CBRE is responsible for marketing and leasing the first phase of T3 Bayside. Once its twin mass timber-built structure is completed, the two T3 Bayside buildings will include more than 500,000 square feet of office space.

“It’s a mirror building that will be driven by market demand,” said Tesciuba. “What we think might happen is that an anchor tenant might be too large to stay in one building and may want the two buildings right away, or at least a portion of the second building.”

Zoning approvals are in place, so Tesciuba said Hines “could develop the second building on the heels of the first one.”

Both T3 Bayside buildings are targeting LEED Gold certifications.

There is a shoring rig on site today. It's HAPPENING!

Genuinely very exciting; for all the marketing babble that many developers tag onto their projects, it’s rare to see projects that can plausibly claim to be, but this is one of those.

There is a shoring rig on site today. It's HAPPENING!

Yup.

IMG_20200728_194825.jpg

IMG_20200728_195013.jpg

Back