Toronto T3 Bayside | 42m | 10s | Hines | 3XN

Updated longitudinal section drawing

1582733677628.png

I think this makes more sense. Office space is valuable leasable space and this is a prime location.

hmm I wonder if they had any luck with a tenant yet.

How did you access the old style Application Information Centre webpage? The new one is notoriously slow and takes forever just to list available documents. Downloading them is even worse...

Thanks for the update :)
I don't believe the city links to it anymore but you can keep it bookmarked to keep using it.

Now with underground parking.
Does anyone know why below grade was added? Was this a request from the city, and if so – why? If driven from Hines, I wonder if it had anything to do with their potential anchor tenant (which I can only assume will be announced soon?).

Does anyone know why below grade was added? Was this a request from the city, and if so – why? If driven from Hines, I wonder if it had anything to do with their potential anchor tenant (which I can only assume will be announced soon?).
City hates above grade parking unless absolutely necessary and it wasn't here. Himes was looking for a way to cut costs by claiming it's "innovation". Reality is nobody knows if parking needs are ever going to actually disappear or when and in the mean time there would have been a very ugly above grade garage here.

City hates above grade parking unless absolutely necessary and it wasn't here. Himes was looking for a way to cut costs by claiming it's "innovation". Reality is nobody knows if parking needs are ever going to actually disappear or when and in the mean time there would have been a very ugly above grade garage here.
That makes sense, thank you! I was actually looking forward to seeing how 3XN was going to attempt above-grade parking. There are ways to make it inviting from street level. I've seen a few great examples in the Netherlands and even Miami. If anyone can do a good job at attempting this in Toronto, it would have been the 3XN team.

I don't believe the city links to it anymore but you can keep it bookmarked to keep using it.

THANK YOU!!!

now with Sidewalk Labs dead at Quayside, what ever happened to the two office buildings, including T3 by Hines, at nearby Bayside? Does anyone from Toronto know the status and can post details? Thanks.

I don't think this had anything to do with Sidewalk Labs as far as I am aware.

Yes, that is right. Bayside is nearby Sidewalk/Quayside. It’s different. But does anyone know what happened to the 2 office building projects that were announced in 2010 for Bayside?

I suppose with no tenant announced the fence removal and excavation equipment in the background aren't indicative of anything starting up here?

IMG_20200530_173439.jpg

Back