Toronto Sunnybrook Plaza Redevelopment | 56.92m | 16s | RioCan | Turner Fleischer

Nice to see one of the ugliest and most inhospitable intersections in the city getting improvements.

Hmm, Didn't know that they were planning to buy up that McDonalds for a station entrance location..

Its to become the main entrance I believe. My personal hope is that the McDonalds and its parking lot is bought out and redeveloped into a 2-3 story structure with street retail and the station entrance. McDonalds can stay in the new building too I guess.

Nice to see one of the ugliest and most inhospitable intersections in the city getting improvements.

Compared to basically every intersection on Eglinton east of Victoria Park this intersection is urban planning at its best.

It is odd looking out my window at the plaza and imagining it being redeveloped.

I am not happy about the idea of just condos and some pitiful retail coming here. This will be a subway stop, and it is a large site. I always envisioned something around that height, but more exciting. A large podium with at least two floors of retail to replace all the existing retail, and perhaps some public space for seating. Instead we will be losing retail.

Too bad that it is RioCan that owns this plaza. Always in it for the quick profit.

It does look pretty good but it's still hard to picture those buildings at that corner. I like it but it'll take some getting used to. :eek:

Hmm, Didn't know that they were planning to buy up that McDonalds for a station entrance location..

WERE is keyword,... now it makes more sense to have main Eglinton Crosstown entrance at north-east corner inside this development and have the developer pay for all associated cost of that entrance and connection as is standard practice with TTC. It'll save the city the cost of buying the McDonald store and land and building the main entrance there.

Back