Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I know its a fantasy and I love tall buildings like every other gay on here... but from the lake that 900 footer looks overwhelming.

I know its a fantasy and I love tall buildings like every other gay on here... but from the lake that 900 footer looks overwhelming.

Speaking as one of the gays on here, I refuse to be stereotpyed like that but I must admit, I do believe, the bigger, the better. lol

Speaking as one of the gays on here, I refuse to be stereotpyed like that but I must admit, I do believe, the bigger, the better. lol

Hear hear. Us gays sure are size queens when it comes to skyscrapers, and other things.

it'll be great to see some towers there. though I'd be much happier if they weren't too tall. Definately not anything over 200 meters. I'm a great fan of tall buildings, but I've also always had taken pride in Toronto's stepped waterfront where tallers buildings are behind shorter ones.

LOL. I meant gay.

And expected such replies. Size queens indeed. Bigger isn't necessarily better. Big is an adjustment.

I am hard pressed to think of any stretch of freeway that travels thru a canyon like that!! It is already a crazy stretch..... but add Ice and then a possible 900 foot wall to the south side, plus another 700 foot???? WWWOOOOWWWW!!:rolleyes:

What is the status of the Ice office component?? I've read mixed comments on that. :confused:

I dont know about 900 footers for that location, but truthfully considering all the plain short boxy office structures planned and being built down there...id like to see Cadillac Fairview scrap there plans for that average tower and exchange that density to their new proposed 54 storey office tower up the street at 156 Front, then take that land and propose a half-decent 70-75 storey condo bldg.
(Ice-3).:cool:

Last edited:
a 900 footer and a 700 footer would really disturb the classic view of the cbd...i dont really care though :p i prefer the west and east views anyway

I would love to see a Canadian developer take some chances and be bold and daring. However, I fully expect that this project will be a nothing more than a number of boring midrise boxes that will only be landmarks due to their location. As such I am not excited about this project nor 501 Yonge nor most of the other project proposed downtown.

This website is a lot like having a lottery ticket - right up until you check the number, you still have a chance.

With “architecture” in Toronto, you hear about a great site and the coming of a big project - and right up until they post a rendering, you have great excitement and expectations - then you see the render and just like the lottery ticket, you tear it up and walk away - another opportunity lost.

I would love to see a Canadian developer take some chances and be bold and daring. However, I fully expect that this project will be a nothing more than a number of boring midrise boxes that will only be landmarks due to their location. As such I am not excited about this project nor 501 Yonge nor most of the other project proposed downtown.

This website is a lot like having a lottery ticket - right up until you check the number, you still have a chance.

With “architecture” in Toronto, you hear about a great site and the coming of a big project - and right up until they post a rendering, you have great excitement and expectations - then you see the render and just like the lottery ticket, you tear it up and walk away - another opportunity lost.

Cynical! There may be some just cause for some of that in this 'hood, but I am thinking that other new developments like Shangri-La may set a tone and curry some influence. I have a gut feeling that you, Big Daddy, are in for a big and pleasant surprise (especially given the price paid for this parcel).

My God it looks like stacked dinner plates waiting to be washed..

I like this site and the parking lot BEHIND the Harbour Commission Building (if they tore that down I would lose it), and I think they should be buildings with great, innovative designs, but not too tall (i.e. Absolute). This would give something that is very attractive when seen from the classic lake view, but it doesn't block out the classic CBD view of FCP, TD, Scotia, etc.

Aug. 7th - Brickwork coming down..

IMG00728-20110807-1217.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00728-20110807-1217.jpg
    IMG00728-20110807-1217.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 332

Back