Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

The unpainted balconies could have been an interesting contrast feature if done intentionally. As it is it just looks sloppy. Fix it up.

Anyone know what's up with these half-painted balcony undersides on the west tower's north side?
View attachment 148585

Alright so since I live here I'll answer; they're still working on finishing things. The east tower, the one with painted underneaths, only got final paint this year. When I moved into the east tower, we had the same problem. They only painted where they could reach from the balconies.

Since the west tower opened later than the east tower it's behind the schedule of the east. Never mind that the west and east towers have different property managers with different priorities.

file1-1.jpeg

file-2.jpeg

Attachments

• file1-1.jpeg
    file1-1.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 645
  • file-2.jpeg
    file-2.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 711
question, does anyone know if is there any pattern/logic on how the architect decide which sections to not include the balcony? for example, if it was some variation or every two numbers from the fibonacci series? just asking because it is bothering my mathematician gf

question, does anyone know if is there any pattern/logic on how the architect decide which sections to not include the balcony? for example, if it was some variation or every two numbers from the fibonacci series? just asking because it is bothering my mathematician gf

If you look at them it's a repeating pattern. Probably went through dozens of varieties before they landed on one they liked.

Back