Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Hope it's something more interesting than a Walmart or a Canadian Tire.

I imagine a Canadian Tire would do good business there, aside from the automotive side. Actually, it's not so much Canadian Tire as such, but the general hardware side of things that would be helpful. A good Home Hardware store would be even better.

I wish IKEA moved in there. Trekking up to no man's land every time I want some liggonberry jam and Finnish pancakes is getting tiresome.

Not a Rob Ford voter? :)

They're moving really quick with the demolition of the offramp.
I like the photo of the ramp demolition. I'm sure visitors to the city think "they're crazy, they've started taking down the concrete supports before all the steel beams are off"

I like the photo of the ramp demolition. I'm sure visitors to the city think "they're crazy, they've started taking down the concrete supports before all the steel beams are off"

That's how it should be done.

It would be interesting if one of the spans of the Gardiner was preserved and erected it vertically as a monument to the 50 year old infrastructure. It would be both impressive and tactile, providing a new prespective for a Toronto icon.

Last edited:
Taken through a window though some of the SunLife logo is visible:
IMG_0045.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 378

Back