Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

But for the CN Tower, someone transported from five years ago to the present would have a really hard time identifying this skyline as belonging to Toronto.

And that Toronto star building+sign. However, even that shall soon change. The way Toronto is changing is truly mind-boggling. Once that over-the-railway-land 21-acre park is built, this City would be even more unrecognizable in a positive way. Many visitors to Toronto walk away thinking they just time-travelled to the future; everything's sleek, clean, advanced, multicultural and so civil(!)

Assuming you're referring to the south-facing podium, the reasoning for that is that the planning occurred before the Gardiner off-ramp plans had been finalized -- it wouldn't have made sense to spend a whole bunch more money and include a bunch of glass at the time it was conceived. The planned tenant was also a big box retailer, so that presumably affected the design, too.

Even post-ramp rebuild, that stretch will still be home to loads of very fast-moving traffic, so I'm not sure it's really a huge missed opportunity.

I'm not sure if I was seeing things early this morning or not...

The south podium face had white LED strips at various locations that were lit up. I was driving so I couldn't take a picture but really changed the facade. If anyone lives down there or is stuck on a GO Bus tomorrow morning on the Yonge off ramp is it possible to get pics?

thanks

Rising ever higher (although this will begin to top out soon.) Taken late last week.

1 York -1.jpg

1 York -2.jpg

Attachments

• 1 York -1.jpg
    1 York -1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,781
  • 1 York -2.jpg
    1 York -2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,788
Last edited:

Back