Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
But for the CN Tower, someone transported from five years ago to the present would have a really hard time identifying this skyline as belonging to Toronto.

And that Toronto star building+sign. However, even that shall soon change. The way Toronto is changing is truly mind-boggling. Once that over-the-railway-land 21-acre park is built, this City would be even more unrecognizable in a positive way. Many visitors to Toronto walk away thinking they just time-travelled to the future; everything's sleek, clean, advanced, multicultural and so civil(!)

muller877

Member Bio
Reaction score
Assuming you're referring to the south-facing podium, the reasoning for that is that the planning occurred before the Gardiner off-ramp plans had been finalized -- it wouldn't have made sense to spend a whole bunch more money and include a bunch of glass at the time it was conceived. The planned tenant was also a big box retailer, so that presumably affected the design, too.

Even post-ramp rebuild, that stretch will still be home to loads of very fast-moving traffic, so I'm not sure it's really a huge missed opportunity.

I'm not sure if I was seeing things early this morning or not...

The south podium face had white LED strips at various locations that were lit up. I was driving so I couldn't take a picture but really changed the facade. If anyone lives down there or is stuck on a GO Bus tomorrow morning on the Yonge off ramp is it possible to get pics?

thanks

skycandy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Rising ever higher (although this will begin to top out soon.) Taken late last week.

1 York -1.jpg

1 York -2.jpg

Attachments

• 1 York -1.jpg
    1 York -1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,665
  • 1 York -2.jpg
    1 York -2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,676
Last edited: