Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

From the shots above, the pattern only makes sense (as in looks like the rendering) when viewed from quite a distance, like from Cherry Beach. It's like watching a movie on a giant screen, you get a headache when you sit in the front rows.

Gotta disagree with you there. The pattern looks great up close too, like @limer's first two photos.

Gotta disagree with you there. The pattern looks great up close too, like @limer's first two photos.
Not saying it's awful up close, but it doesn't look like the rendering. To me it looks random up close, maybe because it's incomplete. From a medium distance (say Harbourfront) it looks like clouds (not a bad thing).

I went to check it out this weekend and disagree. It looks good from afar, but terrible up close. The metal panels are pillowed, and they don’t seem to be aligned well. Looks pretty messy.

I do really like the space in between the office and residential though. The future extension of Harbour is going to be quite narrow in relation to the space dedicated to pedestrians and cyclists. The towers also don’t seem imposing at all, and you get quite a bit of open sky.

39081DB0-D8D4-4D92-8F7A-840754D4A769.jpeg

Back