Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

Finally, I think the pattern is starting to make sense. Until now, I’ve been watching for something to emerge from the white, but it’s becoming more obvious that the actual pattern (if we can call it that) is the dark colour, and white is more like negative space.

📷: @kris

F331DFF1-D261-4B9D-9516-C9E12321CD59.jpeg

Finally, I think the pattern is starting to make sense. Until now, I’ve been watching for something to emerge from the white, but it’s becoming more obvious that the actual pattern (if we can call it that) is the dark colour, and white is more like negative space.

📷: @kris

View attachment 389204
I actually think it's the opposite. As it grows, the white and lighter greys overtake the darker tones, making the buildings appear as they are becoming part of the sky.
Or at least that is my hypothesis

This building is turning out to be a fun Rorschach test, which is ironic since to me it just looks like a Rorschach test.

Reading this made me think........" I'm pretty sure you can say the ink blot looks like anything on a Rorschach test...........except a Rorschach test"

The LCBO Tower really gives off a positive vibe and I'll patiently wait for the towers to be more complete before commenting. What might be the biggest miss here as with other large developments on the water front is the street scape. Why not create a more broken up open ground floor using different materials and physical layout? I'm tired of opening glass doors into stores and restaurants on a 100m stretch of straight glass podium, it's really dehumanizing.

The LCBO Tower really gives off a positive vibe and I'll patiently wait for the towers to be more complete before commenting. What might be the biggest miss here as with other large developments on the water front is the street scape. Why not create a more broken up open ground floor using different materials and physical layout? I'm tired of opening glass doors into stores and restaurants on a 100m stretch of straight glass podium, it's really dehumanizing.
Wish we had a taller version of Mirvish Village here.

Back