Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
10! (confirmed, with possible evidence of an 11th?) That's as many cranes as there are in New York City right now.

Q1-2021-Crane-Index-Graphic-With-Nos-and-Logo.png

Didn't realize TO got teleported to Manitoulin.

AoD

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
And Vancouver didn't make the cut not due to a low level of high rise construction but because they've surely counted Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam, New Westminster, and Delta as separate cities rather than just 'Vancouver'.

kotsy

Member Bio
Reaction score
10! (confirmed, with possible evidence of an 11th?) That's as many cranes as there are in New York City right now.

I have such a hard time believing there's only 10 cranes operating in NYC. I'm basing this off nothing other than my gut.

NorthshoreCity

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have such a hard time believing there's only 10 cranes operating in NYC. I'm basing this off nothing other than my gut.
Yeah that’s definitely off but not by a whole lot, I was there the other week and there are much less cranes than usual. I can think of 10 off the top of my head in Manhattan and another 5-10 in Brooklyn/Long Island.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

This graphic is hilariously wrong and is discussed as such every year it is released.. it doesn’t take much to figure out that NYC has more than 10 cranes right now.

toronto might be #1, but not by such an absurd margin. The map way underestimates the number of cranes in American markets.