Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

EBT

Member Bio
Reaction score
That damn flammable sugar. Why are they making that stuff? (/s)
Actually, industrial dust that can build up inside of sugar refineries, grain elevators, sawmills, etc. can be very explosive causing massive destruction. Below is a sugar refinery in Geogia that blew up killing 14. There was not much left of the plant.

I don't think many people who live or work in the area think about this risk. I suspect most think sugar is just a benign substance.
img_10701.jpg

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't think many people who live or work in the area think about this risk. I suspect most think sugar is just a benign substance.
Off-topically: One would presume the current owners are aware of this and have taken precautions to not let that happen.

catnessk

Member Bio
Reaction score
They are usually not allowed to ask for Rent-Increases that would take them beyond the 80% of AMR bands for the duration of the Affordable-Housing agreement with the City.

These year-one (2023) rents are about HALF of what the Market-Rent units will ask for units of those sizes in that building.

Hey any update on when responses will be sent out? I was supposed to be expected for end of October.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not feeling the pattern and that may have to do with choice of the colours. It's too dark and needs some slightly bolder colouring. This is one where bold can also go bad very fast.