Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

^wasn't hoping for a supertall, even 10 storeys would be great. I do like the mural but the structure will look so out of place once the Sugar wharf condos and surrounding projects are complete.
Automation Gallery there is hope- "But although the factory has been on the waterfront since 1958, the recent proliferation of waterfront condos could put Redpath out of business. If residences are built too near the loud, all-hours factory, Redpath may find itself in violation of the Ministry of Environment’s noise codes—and that could close them down" from the article you posted.

I find the hate surrounding the factory ironic, given the name of the condo development: Sugar. Wharf. Let me repeat that: Sugar. Wharf.

Perhaps people shouldn't buy condos in the vicinity of the factory if they can't deal with the smell or noise; you know, since the factory was there first? Just a thought, nobody is forcing anyone to live beside it. If it were the other way around, I'd understand but hey, we do live in a time when everyone loves to complain about anything these days.

Me personally, I hope the factory doesn't get shut down for another glass box. We have enough of those around.

^wasn't hoping for a supertall, even 10 storeys would be great. I do like the mural but the structure will look so out of place once the Sugar wharf condos and surrounding projects are complete.
Automation Gallery there is hope- "But although the factory has been on the waterfront since 1958, the recent proliferation of waterfront condos could put Redpath out of business. If residences are built too near the loud, all-hours factory, Redpath may find itself in violation of the Ministry of Environment’s noise codes—and that could close them down" from the article you posted.

P1090469.JPG
P1090470.JPG
P1090467.JPG
P1090464.JPG

Redpath is not noisy, and the smell is sweet, like molasses, not offensive. The Gardiner traffic is noisier and dirtier and smellier.

Having the dynamics of a working slip in the harbour with a couple of dozen freighters a year provides vitality and interest, in my opinion.

Back