Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

Forgot that Tower B is proposed at just three feet short of receiving the "imitation platinum" supertall lobby embossed plaque.

Feet is Yank talk used by the overlords who decide these things. ??

Even more off topic: poor BMO... 45 years and still 6 feet short of getting the plaque. So 7 supertall plaques maybe - supposedly 2 are u/c though I only see The One, and 5 proposed. Any bets on u/c numbers by 2025?

Forgot that Tower B is proposed at just three feet short of receiving the "imitation platinum" supertall lobby embossed plaque.

Feet is Yank talk used by the overlords who decide these things. ??

Even more off topic: poor BMO... 45 years and still 6 feet short of getting the plaque. So 7 supertall plaques maybe - supposedly 2 are u/c though I only see The One, and 5 proposed. Any bets on u/c numbers by 2025?
The one and sky tower at pinnacle one young are both supertalls, the one is under construction, as is the site at pinnacle one young, they are still just working on the podium and I dont know when they will start construction on the sky tower as it is getting built second.

Mirvish + Gehry has been approved and they are both supertalls, neither have started construction.

One of the towers at union park is a supertall, as well as the new proposal at 1200 bay.

Additionally, the two towers in phase 2 here, as well as YSL and CC3 are all slightly under the 300m mark (all over 298)

So between proposed and under construction there are 6 supertalls in the works plus another 4 defacto supertalls.

7 of those 10 are for sure approved, and first canadian place also stands over 298m.

So by 2030 you could be looking at 11 buildings 298m+ in toronto.

So of the buildings mentioned so far, here is what it seems:

The One: U/C and is almost definitely going to be completed.
Skytower: Sales have started, Pinnacle has the needed pockets to build it, high chance of being built. U/C 2025 maybe?
Mirvish+Gehry: I have some doubt about timeline, probably will be built, but no real timeframe as of yet. Probably won't be U/C by 2025.
Union Park: Not yet finalized, but probably will be U/C by 2025.
YSL: Uncertainty due to Cresford's situation.
1200 Bay: I have doubt the City will let it be built as proposed. With the Bureaucracy, doubt we'll see it U/C 2025.
Here: As fair as I know, Menkes has the pockets to make the proposal happen. Though I'm not too well-informed about this project.

The rise of Supertalls seem promising in Toronto, although I am not holding my breathe for all of them to be built in the end.

Union Park: Not yet finalized, but probably will be U/C by 2025.

This won't start construction before The Hub is occupied. It might be a couple years before potential tenants are confident they want new office space.

Last edited:
The rise of Supertalls seem promising in Toronto, although I am not holding my breathe for all of them to be built in the end.

Absolutely I agree, hence why I said we COULD see 11 buildings that tall by 2030, I highly doubt we will, there's even question as to whether The One can get above ground, though I believe it will.

I have the most faith in menkes and pinnacle, I believe both these projects will definitely be completed.

I also dont think YSL went into receivership so I think the prospects of something at least close to what was initially propsed getting built are good. Beyond that we'll have to wait and see.

It's nice to see the height, but I do wish some of these buildings would have a bit more of a wow factor, sugar warf as a whole is not really that interesting, best part of the development is the office tower on QQ

Is Mirvish + Gehry that much of a sure thing at this point? Even if so, who knows when they break ground.

From June 19
BC6F82AC-040B-402B-8388-F1A52FC19BC5.jpeg
71E4EA66-1974-4FCC-A48B-50B81A1913E7.jpeg
74D6FB85-28D5-434D-9EFD-35BF90554E6D.jpeg
29D52419-72F4-4903-B8BE-98818E82059D.jpeg

It's a rather large podium that these two towers will sit on. Another two levels (to six) to go until the towers will rise above.

Reactions: MOB

Back