Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

I asked one of the guys who works in the parking lot if the lot would be closed soon, and he shrugged his shoulders and said something I didn't understand. His English wasn't that great. I assume he said something about not knowing.

I love the moody apocalyptic renderings (original and attention-grabbing), but I think it distracts from the rendering of the building.
It will be interesting to see what they do with their sales centre -- possibly a Mad Max/Bladerunner/2012 theme?!

The design of the building itself is nice, but I think there is a lot going on. Looks a little too busy.

They have moved the area where the sales centre is going to be constructed, to the corner of Duncan and Nelson.

Studio%20On%20Richmond%20-%2009.10.2010.jpg

New interior renderings originally posted on blog.buzzbuzzhome.com

studio_inte+2.jpg

studio_bar.jpg

Blues and metallics dominate.

studio_kitchen.jpg

Large windows, cool views

studio_dining+2.jpg

Illuminated event space.

STUDIO_billiards.png

A sleek billiards room with murals and mirrors.

studio_lounge.jpg

Studio lounge with night club vibe.

studio_fitness.jpg

Fitness facilities.

studio_fitness+2.jpg

Urban yoga!

Nice kitchen. The move away from ss begins! (About 5 years behind the Euro trend.)

ss=stainless steel, you know when they're selling you ss appliances in suburban squaresville homes, aka, k-w and london ontario markets, it's officially passé!

Last edited:

As someone who works on Richmond directly across from this site (reddish building, centre-right, and formerly in the greyish building to its right), I will enjoy watching this building go up..
I'll try to upload some pictures of the progress... (even though the actual tower part won't be directly across from me)

We have more of Studio for you to look at.

It was a dark and stormy night: a cab is facing the wrong way on Richmond.

StudioExtLobbyTaxi.jpg

Embarrassed, the cab reverses out of sight, leaving you looking at the entrance to the complex. The place looks cool, but quiet.

StudioExtLobby.jpg

The colourful lobby is similarly void of life. Where is everybody?

StudioLobbyInt.jpg

Later that evening, once the rain has dried up, you head out to the rooftop lounge area. Now you remember: everyone is stuck across the street in an interminable line at Burrito Boys waiting just about forever for their order, and that's why you have the place to yourself.

StudioRooftopCam03.jpg

StudioRooftopCam06.jpg

StudioRooftopCam09.jpg

StudioRooftopCam12.jpg

Meanwhile, in alternately rendered universe, it's daytime, and Studio stands tall on Richmond:

StudioARCVCam03Landscaped06.jpg

Atrocious. Completely unimaginative - the evolution of the architect to exterior decorator continues. ...And the same colours as University Apts.? Really?

The tower looks pretty sharp. I like the three parts but am worried they'll drop it and just make it one piece.

The differences in the podium will break it up along the street, a bit kind of like the bell lightbox.

This looks like one tower, but the thread indicates 31s and 41s. Is there another one coming?

i seem to be having problems seeing any pics posted by you

Edit: before removing all the repeated images, they were showing up for me. Does anyone else have trouble with my post above?

Last edited by a moderator:
The amenity spaces look really cool, though it will look dated in no time. I really like the graffitti art in the excercise room.
The exterior is a mash up of a dozen themes and elements, rather schitzophrenic.

I believe the renderings were done in China, hense the cars & traffic going in the opposite direction.

Back