Toronto Studio and Studio2 on Richmond | 131.06m | 41s | Aspen Ridge | BDP Quadrangle

I dont know how I feel about marketing campaign. It makes the building, which is actually quite clean and modern from the previous rendering, look like a modern, vertical favela. I can imaging laundry lines flapping in the wind.

I like the look of the builing but again with the insufferable, loutish 905ers reference. I find the people of Toronto to be just as insufferable as well. This type of behaviour isn't just confined to the burbs. It's everywhere now.....

^
this would be even cooler!

ba8195b7.jpg

Meeeooooowwww!!!

people who camp just outside the city so as to minimize various taxes, while continuing to benefit from downtown services and attractions. I haven't got a problem with them personally.

I'm for one a 905-er and don't understand how Peel/York/Durham Region residents are benefiting from `downtown services`... yes I grab dinner downtown once in a while, but does that make me any less of a paying customer than anyone else who pays for their meal ... we pay our own property taxes and rely on our LOCAL government for all municipal services, including parks and rec ... so for once, could members on this forum get off their high horse ... I have full respect for those who choose to live in 416, but that doesn`t automatically make 905-ers the little step brother to kick around :mad:

That doesnt seem like much of a reason to not like an entire area code worth of people. By living outside of Toronto proper I'm sure they are putting up with quite a few compromises such as crappy public transit, middle of the road entertainment etc..., just like by living in Toronto proper you concede to the vices of a metropolis, crime, pollution, minimal green space. Either way, off topic. Bisha...

people who camp just outside the city so as to minimize various taxes, while continuing to benefit from downtown services and attractions. I haven't got a problem with them personally.

That''s just about one of the dumbest things I've ever heard ... not to be rude ...

Where to start.

1) We pay less, quite a bit less, residential property tax then anywhere else in southern Ontario ... particularly the GTA.
- So this argument is completely meaningless.

2) A lot of our business / arts / museums / theater / sports / restaurants / the list goes on ... would not do as well (nearly as well) as they do if wasn't for the fact residents of the '905' visit downtown Toronto ... I'd rather call it donwtown GTA ... this is the case in nearly all large cities across the world.
- So we're just as dependent on them.

I think there are valid arguments to be had regarding the use of city services and who should pay for them ... the TTC, and even to a greater extent low income housing (this is the big one) are really something all of southern Ontario i.e. provincial government should fund ...

But that has nothing to do with a select individual living in the 905 (whether they share that view or not).

Damn, this illustrates the two-sided good Quadrangle/bad Quadrangle thing Shocker's always going on about. On the one hand you've got that pre-cast pile WHC, down on Lake Shore, but then they pull out this rockin' design. I know the rendered atmosphere is influencing things a bit, but it's got a cool Blade Runner industrial look to it. I'm very excited to see this building go up.

That's one of the most hilarious renderings I've seen in a while. I'll reserve judgement until the thunder storm is over.

That's one of the most hilarious renderings I've seen in a while. I'll reserve judgement until the thunder storm is over.

don't make fun of it... its EPIC!!! (i thought it was a photo from last night at first glance!)
I love how they make Richmond look so manhattan like. very nice marketing :D

*edit, is there an official height for these 2 towers? and which tower is taller?. the north-east or south-west?
edit again: is this correct (if found it on the skyscraperpage diagrams database)

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=47894645

131.2m and 96.9m?

Last edited:

Back