Toronto Stockyards District Residences | 35.5m | 10s | Marlin Spring | Graziani + Corazza

Fun how when the dirt merchants at G+C have to keep refining a building, it inevitably gets worse. The difference between the December submission (a little overwrought but still quite handsome) and this lazy simulacrum is telling of their fundamental inability to care about the details.

Word. also the idea of 'branding' the building is pretty gross. (I commented about this on the main article)

Word. also the idea of 'branding' the building is pretty gross. (I commented about this on the main article)
I imagine that is simply marketing - if the final building were to have that, it would require a signage permit.. And I'm not too sure how the city would receive that.

Construction is moving quickly, which is good. It's unfortunate to see that the sales centre doesn't have a connection to the sidewalk on St. Clair. The entrance fronts onto St. Clair, but they just planted bushes between the sidewalk and the entrance. It's like they assumed that people would only drive to the sales centre, even though there's a lot of first-time homebuyers who might take transit, bike, or even walk there. They chained a vintage bike to the fence next to the sales centre, but it was apparently a pure gimmick that was removed when petty thieves started harvesting it for parts.

The company is building an avenues-type building with ground floor retail and condos above, yet they neglected pedestrian accessibility from the main street in their own sales centre building. It doesn't inspire confidence in them.

Back