Toronto Stanley Condominiums | 138.37m | 41s | Tribute | Core Architects

I suspect that the marketers are going out of their way to minimize the visual impact of the parking lot in the rendering, but you can clearly see the building separated from the north side of the block by a laneway.

I think you are right, Ramako, looking at it from that perspective. It will sirely be where the garage entrance is...man, that is going to be a traffic nightmare. People turning left onto Church so close to the light... That laneway will run straight from Church to Mutual behind the new project and then between teh two social housing buildings.

They really should have gotten the parking lot to expand this project and then put the garage entrance on Wood.

It's likely not a marketing rendering but something made in-house by Core. It's got excellent clarity but none of the useless 'flair' that marketers usually throw in (dramatic sunset, exaggerated perspective, unrealistic numbers of pedestrians, etc.).

office_space_flair.jpg

The render shows two or three mature trees in the parking lot directly north of the project, neatly obscuring it to the casual observer.

Podium is terrible. Needs a complete rethink. The tower is great.

I wonder if they've actually negotiated a retail lease with Vespa for the ground floor or if that's artistic licence.

And thanks for the laugh PE.

Front page story here with one more revelation about the proposal, and here's one more: this building is a long way from marketing still!

Back