Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

This video is so incredible that I'm sure someone else must have posted it on a thread somewhere, but if they didn't... Trump makes an appearance towards the end. http://vimeo.com/30788720

I made an amateur timelapse of toronto a little while back for youtube, but this guy is a LEGEND. thats the best video i hav seen in a lonnnnggg time. the only comparable shot i have in mine is the ferry shot, but this vimeo post just made me want to start from scratch.

i think the spire and the quarter onion dome make this building look alot nicer, my only big issue is the east facing setback :(

for me, the east setback is fine when you're looking at it from the east, but from the south/south-east, it's just weird.

The east side is hard to see within a block or two and you need to see it better from Queen Street going east.

There is really no view from the south-east and what you can see does not give a true story of the building.

The best views are from the west and north-west. There are a few location from the north.

Just put these shots up from Oct 07 and now moving onto Oct 8 shooting finally.
6269392850_a8527786a0_b.jpg

6268867921_ac3d009c12_b.jpg

6269392012_50466ec64f_b.jpg

powerful pics of Trump drum ^^^
it makes a very nice/big statement from Adelaide, unlike what would have happened if someone had built a basic box there. it gives a new definitive look to Adelaide. Shangri-la from the west is just another skyscraper to most people.

i also think trump doesn't look bad from the north-east, and from the south-west (td centre)

It is exciting to have a new roofline and spire in our core, but I wish a more contemporary route was taken, rather than this misplaced 1980s PoMo attempt.

Something along the lines of this would've been a much better contribution to the skyline.

Wow, that is an old school Great Lakes freighter (1920/30s or thereabouts). There used to be dozens of these tied together during overwintering in Midland and other ports. Were is it moored/anchored? Anyone know its story?

The skyline from this vantage point is impressive , and 5 years from now the panorama from the waterfront to north of Bloor will be an almost unbroken highrise line as 1Bloor East, Aura, LTower, Ice, along with TBA Southcore multi towers shoulder in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx Automation

Wow, that is an old school Great Lakes freighter (1920/30s or thereabouts). There used to be dozens of these tied together during overwintering in Midland and other ports. Were is it moored/anchored? Anyone know its story?

Here you go...
http://www.mhsd.org/publications/a&f2/rdgtown.htm
"The Ridgetown lake freighter, which serves as a breakwater for Port Credit Harbour. The ship was built in 1905 and named the William E. Corey. The ship's name was changed to the Ridgetown in 1963 when it was registered with Britain with Great Lakes Shipping, Ltd. The freighter was in use until 1969, when it was laid up in Toronto, and was used as a temporary breakwall until it was sunk as breakwater in Port Credit in 1974."

Amazing pics like everyone has said jasonzed!
Wow... The good ol bay Adelaide days are gone.... Shangrila is stripping and the next chunk of penthouse and mechanical will block it out...

Very much looking forward to l towers silhouette on the skyline, even of the tower cladding goes bad, from a distance it is bound to please.

Hey guys trump's lookin awesome!!! R they gonna fix those mismatched windows half way up the building or is it done on purpose, which doesn't make sense to me!!??

Back