Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

The new sign (nothing special) is mounted on the corner, with the new - less impressive - rendering.

Is the hair still due in tomorrow?

My Bad - They are setting up the pavilion on the site as we speak - The Trump Is Nigh!!

I'm locking down my comb-over in anticipation

Re: tomorrow's visit.

Hair today... gone tomorrow.

... unlike the rest of you, I'm looking forward to Eb's 900 footer (and I can watch it rise)... it will be a pleasant suprise when complete (hopefully before all my hair has fallen out).

^Poor boy, no sense of humour. And all to do with Donald's hair - which you have some attraction to, or are distracted by.

But you clearly have an interest in my mother's nipples. You are a kinky one, are you not?

^ I just walked by the site and they have the new renderings up.

No camera but suffice to say..... Toronto has proudly joined the international community of "cheater spires". The "quarter onion dome" and spire now sit on a mini-tower nearly 5 floors above where the roof now stops.

Can't say that I like it... seems far shorter than I expected with a rather enormous crown that is clearly about height.

Of course those of you who hated the old top... may love this one.

^ I just walked by the site and they have the new renderings up.

No camera but suffice to say..... Toronto has proudly joined the international community of "cheater spires". The "quarter onion dome" and spire now sit on a mini-tower nearly 5 floors above where the roof now stops.
Can't say that I like it... seems far shorter than I expected with a rather enormous crown that is clearly about height.

Of course those of you who hated the old top... may love this one.

That sounds pretty nasty...

The crown/spire/thingmabob kinda looks like this...
the 5 storey mini-tower+onion dome+much more substantial flag pole are all intentional.

ttnew.jpg

versus this:

TrumpRender.jpg

Yep... that's a cheater spire in my books. Does this mean that Toronto is descending to the level of Melbourne or Sydney now?

Bill

p.s. No offence to Australia. But I cannot stand cheater spires, and those two cities seem full of them.

Yep... that's a cheater spire in my books. Does this mean that Toronto is descending to the level of Melbourne or Sydney now?

Bill

p.s. No offence to Australia. But I cannot stand cheater spires, and those two cities seem full of them.

Who is being cheated? And out of what?

Back