Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

They could always add this ;-)
IMG_2413.JPG

Oh, I remember that review. Most of the staff was fired. I don't know if it got any better. I only went there a couple of times during their nightclub events and I knew many of the frontline staff so I don't think I got the typical treatment.

America won't be missed. I'm looking forward to what St. Regis will create, but I get the feeling that I'll never afford to eat there anyway.

"As our friends south of the border celebrate the Fourth of July, Toronto's skyline is readying for its own deliverance, with the Trump name finally set to be removed from the 58-storey tower at the southeast corner of Bay and Adelaide."

Kudos to Stefan for that line.

Can't wait to see the photos of the Trump signage coming down.

"As our friends south of the border celebrate the Fourth of July, Toronto's skyline is readying for its own deliverance, with the Trump name finally set to be removed from the 58-storey tower at the southeast corner of Bay and Adelaide."

Kudos to Stefan for that line.

Can't wait to see the photos of the Trump signage coming down.
If anybody here finds out when the trump signs will be removed, please post it here as soon as possible because I'd love to film it!

Am I the only one worried that Donald Trump might see the "Trump" sign being removed from this building, and in a fit of pique, slap an additional 20% import duty on all imports from Canada? It certainly seems that he is quite capable of doing so.

Am I the only one worried that Donald Trump might see the "Trump" sign being removed from this building, and in a fit of pique, slap an additional 20% import duty on all imports from Canada? It certainly seems that he is quite capable of doing so.

Sure, though he would be hard pressed to not see evidence of his stupendous popularity across the globe the moment he crack open any fake news - he better get his pen ready for various punitive measures everywhere.

The American republic is having its Nero moment.

AoD

The Trump exit from this hotel was negotiated. There had been a contract in place for hotel management as well as branding, which presumably was terminated early. For a negotiated (no court involved) exit such as this one to take place, I'm sure the Trump Organization has been paid a lump sum settlement for the early cancellation of the contract. This will be no surprise or personal affront to Trump, just business.

Oh please, there is more to America than Donald Trump.. i doubt that...lol

The Trump exit from this hotel was negotiated. There had been a contract in place for hotel management as well as branding, which presumably was terminated early. For a negotiated (no court involved) exit such as this one to take place, I'm sure the Trump Organization has been paid a lump sum settlement for the early cancellation of the contract. This will be no surprise or personal affront to Trump, just business.

The termination fee was, according to reports, $6 million. The enforceability of the management contract may very well have been in doubt given the insolvency, and as @Ottawan says, the two sides compromised and made a deal in order to avoid potential litigation.

There is still Trump Vancouver so Canada is "safe" for the moment.

Back