Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

So, things are changing up at the Trump. While the hotel has maintained high marks on things like tripadvisor, the food and drink offerings have underwhelmed, so…

TRUMP INTERNATIONAL HOTEL & TOWER TORONTO® USHERS IN A NEW ERA OF BAY STREET CUISINE AND NIGHTLIFE
Canada's INK Entertainment and Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants Unveil Modern Elegance of "America" Restaurant and Newly Designed "The Calvin" Bar

TORONTO (August 1, 2014) – Toronto continues to build on its reputation as a world-class cuisine and entertainment destination this fall when a newly designed bar and upscale tower restaurant open at the acclaimed Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto. America and The Calvin bar are the newest additions to Bay Street’s thriving social scene from Canadian lifestyle leaders INK Entertainment (inkentertainment.com) and Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants (oliverbonacini.com).

“Trump Toronto features an unmatched level of luxury and hospitality,” says INK Entertainment Founder and CEO Charles Khabouth. “America and The Calvin bar are testaments to the sophistication and buttoned-down business chic that the hotel currently offers.”

America: Bold, Big, Beautiful. Sophisticated Fine Dining Meets Sexy Supper Club
In collaboration with INK Entertainment and Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants (O&B), global commercial designers II by IV Design has created a unique and modern 110-seat milieu for Executive Chef Anthony Walsh’s America, the 31st story contemporary dining establishment that remains true to the recognizable Trump modern-meets- luxury style brand.

America’s culinary team consists of O&B heavy hitters Bill Osborne, Chef de Cuisine of America, and Markus Bestig, Trump Toronto Executive Chef, under the direction of culinary titan and O&B Corporate Executive Chef Anthony Walsh.

“Elevated, lavish takes on classic regional American fare is what America is about,” says O&B co-founder and partner Chef Michael Bonacini. “Chef Anthony Walsh is rogue and unapologetic in his cooking – and we’re excited about presenting American fare that truly represents the confidence and boldness of its namesake, but in a lux and indulgent way. Like eating your way across Route 66 by way of private jet.”

Thursday through Saturday evenings, the bold and lush America will transform into a unique on top of the world supper club where patrons can indulge in an ultra-intimate, late-night venue offering a blend of high entertainment and fine dining - an experience that Khabouth has already successfully created at Toronto’s Ultra Supper Club and Ivory. The first of its kind in the financial district, the America experience is a sophisticated blend of late night cocktails, classic small plate dishes and live music.

The Calvin: Intimately bold and stylishly lux
The 2,000 square-foot The Calvin bar provides entry to the luxury hotel property from a new Bay Street entrance. An alluring and sophisticated after-work entertainment hub, The Calvin bar offers crafted signature cocktails, as well as a varied selection of classic drinks. The re-designed extended lounge wraps around the main floor lobby to integrate the social vibrancy of the bar, its music and furnishings with the opulence and hospitality of the hotel foyer. Financiers, socialites, and tourists alike will fall in love with the seductive space, while indulging in a highly curated menu of signature craft cocktails, along with a varied selection of classic drinks.

Since opening in 2012, Trump Toronto is one of only two Forbes Travel Guide, Five-star luxury hotels in the city and is ranked the #1 Toronto hotel on Trip Advisor. With the integration of America and The Calvin bar, the hotel will continue to lead by example as Toronto’s purveyor of exemplary and engaging service in a new relaxed atmosphere. The ultimate Toronto gathering place, Trump Toronto will officially debut America and The Calvin bar this fall.

The Calvin Bar:
View attachment 30736

Attachments

• CalvinBar960.jpg
    CalvinBar960.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,743
The things that really surprises me about Trump is that they still haven't cleaned the damn thing. It's still noticeably covered in construction grime.

The things that really surprises me about Trump is that they still haven't cleaned the damn thing. It's still noticeably covered in construction grime.

Yes. Even the windows. Ugh. I don't believe I've ever seen a window crew working there. (And yes, still a chunk of teal glass missing about ten storeys up, west facade just in from the corner).

I am thankful for one thing.............at least the builders were thoughtful enough not to make the building any taller.

The only good thing about this monstrosity is that it is surrounded by taller and larger buildings so you can't see it which is good thing because I have a very weak constitution.

Yes. Even the windows. Ugh. I don't believe I've ever seen a window crew working there. (And yes, still a chunk of teal glass missing about ten storeys up, west facade just in from the corner).

Then walk into the lobby and tell the staff. Perhaps they're so out of it that they don't even realize these things? Tell them that their lack of presentation (on the exterior) is bad for their brand. It makes them look negligent.

Last edited:
negligent

Then walk into the lobby and tell the staff. Perhaps they're so out of it that they don't even realize these things? Tell them that their lack or presentation (on the exterior) is bad for their brand. It makes them look negligent.

It would be good idea indeed...

I've seen it in the air a few times now.

I have as well, but only recently. I've also never seen it extended in a position where it is lowering a stage down any of Trump's elevations. Have you? Anyone can walk by Trump, look up, and see tons of exterior work that is left unfinished. I'm sure the lawsuit with the contractor is a big part of that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any access either.

Last edited:
I have as well, but only recently. I've also never seen it extended in a position where it is lowering a stage down any of Trump's elevations. Have you? Anyone can walk by Trump, look up, and see tons of exterior work that is left unfinished. I'm sure the lawsuit with the contractor is a big part of that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any access either.
No, that I haven't seen. I'd like to see the building sold to a new operator who actually wants to finish it.

Back