Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

I'm not sure how long it's been illuminated, but the Trump sign has been lit for the last couple of days at least. I think yesterday the P was out, only Trum, but tonight it's Trump and it's good to see it finally.

Some close-up helicopter shots of Trump's roof. What do you suppose those workers are doing towards the end? Could they actually be working on Lightline?

[video]http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-close-downtown-streets-over-falling-glass-concerns-1.1718437[/video]

That close-up of the Crow's Nest, clearly shows you how crude and inappropriate that structure is, as a permanent part of the light fixture. If it was going to be permanent, wouldn't they have given more consideration to making it fit into the structure by covering it in some green cladding or at least paint. I find it impossible to believe such a huge oversight like that could occur at such a major development project. It has to be temporary, there is no other reasonable explanation.

Who cares about night light features when the tower is unfinished and you can spot missing panels on the day light? I'm so mad at Trump who developed this freaking shitty building in the middle of downtown. The City should force them to finish this eyesore. At least will be a completed eyesore.

At first I didn't really like the Trump Tower but now that it's completed I can say, without hesitation, that I don't like it.

Some close-up helicopter shots of Trump's roof. What do you suppose those workers are doing towards the end? Could they actually be working on Lightline?

[video]http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-close-downtown-streets-over-falling-glass-concerns-1.1718437[/video]
They must have been, because the glass issue was the dome. Unless they just wanted to go over everything to make sure it's all okay.

That close-up of the Crow's Nest, clearly shows you how crude and inappropriate that structure is, as a permanent part of the light fixture. If it was going to be permanent, wouldn't they have given more consideration to making it fit into the structure by covering it in some green cladding or at least paint. I find it impossible to believe such a huge oversight like that could occur at such a major development project. It has to be temporary, there is no other reasonable explanation.

No, it doesn't have to be temporary. This is Toronto; we don't do details.

Judging the fact that blocks have to be closed off for safety reasons when there is even a risk of glass falling should illustrate for you that it is in fact a "big deal". Would you like to be hit/cut by falling glass while you're casually walking up Bay Street?

Thankfully everyone can walk through the PATH system instead. Except, of course, those heading to Trump...

I'm not sure how long it's been illuminated, but the Trump sign has been lit for the last couple of days at least. I think yesterday the P was out, only Trum, but tonight it's Trump and it's good to see it finally.

I just looked out and saw it, the lighting is very weak, if you hadn't have noted it I may not have noticed it. Yet another fail with this building.

My camera battery is dead, so I grabbed an iPhone 5 snap. It's brighter in a photograph than it is to look at it.

Last edited:
I have a rather clear view of the downtown skyline and that building from my sofa, and was staring at it the other night whilst watching TV and thought there's something different about the lights and then it just popped out, 'TRUM', and I thought, hahaa, the P's broken. And then the next night, what do you know, the P was lit and it was finally 'TRUMP'. Yes, you're right, it's sort of a dim sign, but now that I know it's lit up, it's actually clear to make out even from my vantage point. It should be in a more striking colour other than white. Also, I'm wondering if when the P got fixed, they broke something on the dome, hence the potential falling glass issue.

I still shake my head at the random several meters of louvres that stick out of the south side of the building's mechanical levels. Someone please take the time to explain to me why it was mistakenly attached there.

I still shake my head at the random several meters of louvres that stick out of the south side of the building's mechanical levels. Someone please take the time to explain to me why it was mistakenly attached there.

I'm always curious about that. I suspect it was meant to be over the entire length, and is possibly a cover for the terrace? They probably just put one part up, and still need to finish it.

Who cares about night light features when the tower is unfinished and you can spot missing panels on the day light? I'm so mad at Trump who developed this freaking shitty building in the middle of downtown. The City should force them to finish this eyesore. At least will be a completed eyesore.

Yep, my pet missing teal-coloured panel (west side, close to the corner, about 10-11 floors up) is still missing. I'm convinced they simply do not give a rat's patootie since it's hard to see from the street, and hey, it's nice inside and has high ratings and all, so why bother? Sigh.

Back