Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Alright! :D ^^^
Great vantage point. it looks like you were in Royal Bank Plaza.
Its nice to see eye level shots like that so you can get a very good picture on how tall the tower is. its dimensions are perfect if you ask me. i like towers that are compact, yet very tall. its quite refreshing :D

I really feel bad for the people who purchased condos on the north side of Trump. They paid millions of dollars to stare at an office building. I've never been fond of the argument that skyscrapers limit sunlight, but it's going to be really shady in those apartments. The fact that BA is installing a sign on the south side of the building is almost comical. Imagine living directly across from the sign when it's illuminated at night. Talk about light pollution.

I really feel bad for the people who purchased condos on the north side of Trump. They paid millions of dollars to stare at an office building. I've never been fond of the argument that skyscrapers limit sunlight, but it's going to be really shady in those apartments. The fact that BA is installing a sign on the south side of the building is almost comical. Imagine living directly across from the sign when it's illuminated at night. Talk about light pollution.

the same goes for the Ritz Carlton facing east toward RBC Centre (though Trump is EVEN closer to the Bay Adelaide Centre than the Ritz is to RBC). But i'm sure the unit directly across from the logo is a corner unit so it shouldn't be considerably bad.

And also, i think most of the north residential units will have more than 1 view (the curved windows probably help with the north view too).
The real beauties are the uppermost levels though (the ones above BA).

But overall, this building does have some of the best views in the city. to the south you are overlooking the heart of the financial district (Commerce Court, TD Centre, FCP, etc...), to the east, you have the distillery district, to the west you have the entertainment district, and to the north (depending on how high up you are :p) you have the rest of the city.

One thing i hate about downtown toronto, is the lack of balance there is. all the tall towers are in the CBD, so you are looking down at everything to the north, i like being above other buildings, but these CBD towers are WAY above the other buildings to the north. but the skyline should balance out a bit more with Aura, 1 Bloor, Four Seasons, U condos, etc... :)

You wouldn't be able to see the Distillery District from anywhere in Trump, Scotia is right in the way. I'd argue that this building sacrifices views for location, because a lot of it is hemmed in by the other tallest towers in Toronto. Personally though, I'm more excited by being right in the middle of the forest of buildings rather than having vast views of the surrounding areas; in Toronto's location anyway. As lovely as the city it is, the views from up high are pretty average. With the miles of flat land, and no significant geographical features, I'd rather be staring right into a bunch of buildings (no sarcasm, I mean it).

Toronto's landscape is best appreciated from the ground, where the subtlety of the hills and ravines is better appreciated. The buildings only look more impressive too, with no mountains or big hills to dwarf them.

Last edited:
Adelaide St. entrance as posted on Trump's facebook page.....

46677_394795602823_90955842823_4080166_647603_n.jpg

It's unreal how unrealistic the renderings appear to be. If the granite cladding looked anything like the one in the render, I'd be completely satisfied... However it looks like a much colder, plain, solid colour with lack of texture. Look how detailed the window panes are too.

Last edited:
I used Google Earth to create some views from the high 50's of Trump.

Looking East, it looks like you will just be able to make out the Distillery District from the North East corner of Trump.
4950363764_e89ce095f2_z.jpg

South
4950363940_827f3c13fc_z.jpg

Southwest
4950364100_489e4023f8_z.jpg

West
4949771261_a571316ac6_z.jpg

North
4950364616_935b8a6923_z.jpg

I used Google Earth to create some views from the high 50's of Trump.

Amazing. Those look very close to the actual views from the 50th floor. Check it out on our website under the following menu:

The Building / Photos & Video / Views

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
That does not seem right ... maybe it was accurate for the older taller design but this is to tall for the 50th or really 60th floor of this building - the total height is only what not 270 and that's with the large spire - what's the building roof height, 230/40? Should be pretty close to commerce courts roof.

And here are some views around the first residence level above the sky lobby. (Approximately where the construction is right now.)

Northeast
4951079679_ac2682cae9_z.jpg

South
4951079921_3685188130_z.jpg

Southwest
4951080471_c5105b4aed_z.jpg

West
4951671614_5fecc00ea2_z.jpg

Northwest
4951670336_ee7e1c3f26_z.jpg

(All images courtesy Google Earth with 3D Sketch-up)

That does not seem right ... maybe it was accurate for the older taller design but this is to tall for the 50th or really 60th floor of this building - the total height is only what not 270 and that's with the large spire - what's the building roof height, 230/40? Should be pretty close to commerce courts roof.

First of all this was an approximation using software... Then I said High 50's meaning 57, 58 or 59th floor and finally.... This is a screen capture using Google Earth!!!!! Have you ever tried to use Google Earth to get an exact altitude? It ain't easy!

And finally it was an exercise to prove Steveve was right, that indeed the distillery district is visible from the high floors on the Northeast of Trump.

Sheesh!

Last edited:

you have to keep in mind that the "view" you are getting on your screen, would be from the eyes of a giant. and its impossible to get a 100% accurate view because the distance from the top of the screen to the bottom covers a few floors.

Going back to the entrance picture, it is just a render. but if you change the colours, its quite close :). i think with a bit of fancy lighting/lettering, this thing could work well..

First of all this was an approximation using software... Then I said High 50's meaning 57, 58 or 59th floor and finally.... This is a screen capture using Google Earth!!!!! Have you ever tried to use Google Earth to get an exact altitude? It ain't easy!

And finally it was an exercise to prove Steveve was right, that indeed the distillery district is visible from the high floors on the Northeast of Trump.

Sheesh!

Well then, I stand corrected sir. I did not think the DD would be visible at all.

Back