Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Hope you don't mind Current, but I've stitched together some of your photos for a broader view.

trumppanoib1.jpg

Today I noticed some parts of the site are noticeably above ground now.

So the whole capping off at ground level seems out of the question ... well it was just rebar maybe they'll cut it :).

Anyway, nice progress.

Friday Update From Above

dsc01273nn9.jpg

Wow, great perspective. I wonder if the notch in the far right corner, where the entrance to the Scotia parking garage is, will be carried up the full height of the tower?

Well, I just heard from a very reliable source that the Trump Tower will in fact be shut down for 6 months. Very disappointing news especially when we are seeing so much progress. I hope it's not true but the source is very reliable.

One thing I love about all these rumors ... there's never any justification for them when we get them on UT :)

I mean if someone was willing to divulge the information to you they'd probably also be willing to tell you the reason why < obviously the most impotent aspect.

But no, on UT for the most part we here things like 1 Bloor east is dead ... Trump is dead ... I like this newest one, Trump is stopping for 6 months. Maybe the workers are getting tired and need a long vacation?
The few rumors we've heard with a fact backing them have actually for the most part come true ... 1 Bloor east lost it's financing < proven true in the past.

Moreover, what we're getting here is a decision taken due to some unkown event. Typically the unknown event is what starts off as the rumor ... not the action to be taken. Again, why I like "1 bloor east lost it's financing" that's a good rumor ... not "1 bloor east is going to stop construction for 6 months" something that may be the result of the previous ...

Last edited:
yes, there is a reason but don't want to add to the rumor.

wow ...

Okay let's pause and think about your previous statement for a second here.

"You do not want to add to the rumor"

Well in fact that's what you did by not stating the reason in the first place ... ah I'm not going to bother.

Would it not make more sense to state the "reason" and not the rumor. Typically the reason is more founded in fact then the decision to take ... as that can easily change. If you were to tell me Trump lost it's financing. Is that not less of a rumor then "Trump will be stopping ..." for an unfounded reason when you apparently very well known the unfounded reason in the first place.

I think if you can please GIVE THE REASON, that would make your 'Trump shutting down for 6 months' info a lot more meaningful then yet another rumor

This is so stupid now. Really really stupid. Enough of these rumors. this thread has been 50% rumors. Give it up people, they're building it. Shut up and accept.

And lets be logical. What good is it going to do them to stop for 6 months. WHY 6 MONTHS? that's silly. For them to say 'indefinitely' or 'until the economy improves' is sensible. But, if they're going to stop for 6 months, it means they're going to RESTART in 6 months. In that case, why bother? It doesn't make any sense. They either stop or they don't stop, a project already getting near ground level, with purchasers, a hotel company, and various restos/retail waiting to get in here, it would not help their situation any to arbitrarily postpone ALREADY INITIATED construction for an arbitrary yet somehow spontaneously precise 6 months.

when people say 'a very credible source' it sounds to me like they're trying to reassure everyone out of their own insecurity, probably because they know what they're saying is stupid. Maybe I am giving too much credit to this ruthless, pointless, childish fear mongering.

If you know for sure then you must know why, if you don't know why, don't talk, if you do know why, then that's what you should be using in place of 'a credible source'

My mom always said: "Believe only half of what you see, AND NONE OF WHAT YOU HEAR".

sick and tired of these baseless rumours...i click on a thread hoping to get some updates on construction progress, photos, etc...instead, i get this...one suggestion: everytime another one of these pop up, ignore it...pay no attention...i know i will...if what they say is legit, they will need to back it up...all these people want is attention, something to write about...if no one responds, it defies the purpose...

Back