Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

This is not the right thread to talk about that point - and that point could have been expressed in a more appropriate way.

AoD

Then again, to more appropriately turn around the point: what's the problem with ducking into and through buildings? After all, we sublime urban conoisseurs get a real thrill out of ferreting through the bowels of various building lobbies and arcades here and there in New York, Chicago, etc (and it was even more fun before security scares closed off or passcard-only'd a great deal of them).

A PATH connection for Trump is, really, a no-brainer--and, Trump being Trump, it might also offer an opportunity to dazzle the passer-through with typical visual and retail swank. (Note: I'm abstaining from personal judgment on the Trump aesthetic here.)

Spoke to a worker on the site today. Indicated it would be another 6 weeks until they hit the street. Said they should have already been there but were held back by all the stuff they found when digging the hole (old foundations, oil tanks etc).

Renderings

Revised renderings illustrating the shortened 57s tower ... second image shows in detail what most of us will normally see when TT is completed ... the BASE ! :D

trump.jpg

Trump_base.jpg

I'm sorry but I really really hate this building. It's such a dissapointment compared to his tower in Chicago. It looks cheap and unbalanced. What a missed opportunity. I pray that it turns out worlds better than the renderings.

It's way to early to judge ... it could turn out really well depending on the material used ... the building in Chicago is very monotone. A big glass building. I think it works in that location. Here they tried something more of a mix. It's funny I actually consider this project more edgy / risky. It's simple to build a glass building and have it look descent. This is more chalenging.

To be honest though I doubt it will be that nice as it'll taking an amazing combination of material to pull it off.

I think it will work very nicely on this corner due to the mix of materials being used. The lower stories will sort of match the old 1920s-1940s streetwall while the tower portion will look similar to Bay Adelaide and other towers poking up that high on the skyline.

I'm sorry but I really really hate this building. It's such a dissapointment compared to his tower in Chicago. It looks cheap and unbalanced. What a missed opportunity. I pray that it turns out worlds better than the renderings.

The one in Chicago is huge in comparison.

The Toronto tower is actually fitting into quite a small corner, which makes it more of a challenge. I agree with earlier postings: good materials could make this building fit right into the neighbourhood.

The renderings are just that, renderings. We've been pleasantly surprised at how some projects have turned out far better than the pictures used to advertise them. This could very well happen with Trump.

It looks like it could play off Scotia building nicely. I'm hoping for the best on this one because unless they cut corners, I don't see why it shouldn't turn it looking great.

Back