Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

^^ Is it confirmed that the buyer will be able to remove the Trump name? I thought the new building owner would need to continue to license the Trump brand as per the existing contract?

^^ Is it confirmed that the buyer will be able to remove the Trump name? I thought the new building owner would need to continue to license the Trump brand as per the existing contract?

The media reports are not entirely clear on the matter, and I can only imagine that the receiver and prospective purchasers are keeping their respective cards close to their chests on that one. I don't doubt law firms are writing opinions on that as we speak.

I'm willing to bet it is related to...

The media reports are not entirely clear on the matter, and I can only imagine that the receiver and prospective purchasers are keeping their respective cards close to their chests on that one. I don't doubt law firms are writing opinions on that as we speak.

...and the opinion being no.

This is bad news. It means we wont have a new owner to fix it up and keep the light feature active.
you do get new owners.......the current lender now gets to convert their debt into ownership....they may, then, go out and seek buyers/investors in a non-court process...the only way the current owners get to keep it is if they can convince the current lender that they should settle their debt for less than 100 cents on the dollar.

Back