Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

The street wall starting to have a presence in the area:

20200112_150254.jpg
20200112_150120.jpg
20200112_150052.jpg

Anyone have new pictures? Love seeing those.

Also, does everyone still believe people will be moving in by Spring 2021?

Anyone have new pictures? Love seeing those.

Also, does everyone still believe people will be moving in by Spring 2021?
Spring 2021 looks reasonable looking at the current stage of build. I would mainly expect occupancy to begin Spring 2021 then the final registration some time early-mid 2022.

this is progressing better than pemberton's time and space
It's at a much further stage than Time and Space, where construction moves visibly much faster. If you go back several pages, you'll see that this project also took quite some time to get back up to street level

It's at a much further stage than Time and Space, where construction moves visibly much faster. If you go back several pages, you'll see that this project also took quite some time to get back up to street level
It is really not sensible to compare Time & Space with St Lawrence Condos. The former is a MUCH larger site and unlike St Lawrence was only excavated to about 1+ floor of below-grade parking and they did not get to bedrock so excavation was fairly easy. T&S also had to do extensive remediation as that site is polluted and they needed to install a barrier layer between the polluted soil and the base-slab - that took lots of time. As @someMidTowner says, St L took ages to start excavation, do excavation and reach grade - now that it has, it is going up quite fast but I anticipate that T&S will speed up when it reaches grade too.

I definitely hoped for a more black-brown brick than yet more grey. But I still think this development will end up looking nice overall.

EDIT: I walked by on Wednesday morning and the brick panels are very badly aligned (I don't know if this is a part of the process and they will be adjusted later) and many individual bricks are chipped or broken.

Last edited:
Ugh manganese ironspot brick is sooooo last decade. I know it’s only 2020 but hoping to see some boldness with both the colour and texture selection for brick panels.
Riiiiiiiiiiight, and this has been in planning since 2011, so, thank goodness it's at least ironspot. And the renderings show full height windows other than where there's a slender operable window, so this should be handsome in the end, despite no dashes of colour..

Riiiiiiiiiiight, and this has been in planning since 2011, so, thank goodness it's at least ironspot. And the renderings show full height windows other than where there's a slender operable window, so this should be handsome in the end, despite no dashes of colour..

I know I know... I’m just lamenting the blob of grey that’s about to happen among a sea of earth toned buildings, between this and Time and Space. Fortunately the tower portion here will be very similar to the podium at 60 colbourne so hopefully it’s handled as well as that was.

Back