Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

March 27, 2019

Hello Razz
You have a good vantage point for your pics.
Would you be able/willing to post once a month or when you see significant progress?

I have signed up for the updates, their pics are quite close up and the ones from @Razz provide a much wider perspective. The twice weekly construction are great but once a month to get an overall would be a nice addition. He seems to have a good high point with a view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was walking by it the other day and was surprised to see it more or less at ground level. It's going to have a substantial impact on this intersection.

Some nice progress here. I'm looking forward to this one.

When I glance at the top of this page at March 17 pics wherein it appears they are 1 & 1/2 floors below grade, then compare to pics two months later where it's just touching grade, that strikes me as slow. Like really slow. Unless I'm missing something.

You never know how many workers are on a given site, but we generally expect underground and podium levels to take about a month per floor. Forms have to be built for each level as they are generally unique, and in a garage situation have to be dismantled again after the pour and the pieces hauled out up the ramps. It's slow.

This is a whole block wide, as well: two towers are going to rise above this, so that's another factor. I don't see reason to concern here.

You never know how many workers are on a given site, but we generally expect underground and podium levels to take about a month per floor. Forms have to be built for each level as they are generally unique, and in a garage situation have to be dismantled again after the pour and the pieces hauled out up the ramps. It's slow.

This is a whole block wide, as well: two towers are going to rise above this, so that's another factor. I don't see reason to concern here.

And now I know. Thx.

Was walking by it the other day and was surprised to see it more or less at ground level. It's going to have a substantial impact on this intersection.
I agree the area is awesome to live in but I do worry that these big developments will increase the social divide, these are million dollar condos alongside social housing that have cock roaches but not air conditioning. This stupid redevelopment (Crombie ego trip) of Crombie Park is typical of the planning department - spend money for prettiness and don't look too closely at the realities. It really makes me sick. Hopefully the thousands of new neighbours that will occupy these new homes will advocate for real inclusion in the neighbourhood.

Back