Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

And yet another bathtub masquerading as a "pool". Why even bother? I can't think of a recent development that included a proper pool.

And yet another bathtub masquerading as a "pool". Why even bother? I can't think of a recent development that included a proper pool.

Indeed .... that tub (ooo I meant pool) is approximately 12'0" x 40'0" based on my takeoffs from the below plan (bottom right area not included in this 13th floor unit layout is 1/2 of the pool above)

158front%20-%202%20bedroom%20-%20den_page_1.jpg

Last edited:
If you want to swim lengths for a serious workout, you definitely have to go somewhere with a more serious pool. That's not the only reason people like pools, though; some like them to relax and cool off in. This pool's big enough to float around in, and I'm not sure what's wrong with that as long as the complex is big enough to not too adversely hit the residents with the increased maintenance costs.

Yes, exactly. Plus, these pool areas are for people to show off and be seen rather than for built for fitness or training. Look at the number of units that will overlook the pool. You can't be modest or shy here, like in an indoor basement pool area with low-level lighting. These ones are good incentive to get a beach bod...or just avoid them entirely altogether.

The Ravine condos will have a proper sized pool. These usual condo pools look like they're designed to create as little splash as possible, so as not to get the hair of vane people wet. Maybe people are supposed to just lounge around them and pretend to go swimming in their minds. I don't know why developers bother with them. You can tell that that they are designed by people that don't know how to have fun in a pool. They're purely aesthetic and have no functional use for more than 1 or 2 people at a time; or 12 Harry Stinsons.

Yes, exactly. Plus, these pool areas are for people to show off and be seen rather than for built for fitness or training. Look at the number of units that will overlook the pool. You can't be modest or shy here, like in an indoor basement pool area with low-level lighting. These ones are good incentive to get a beach bod...or just avoid them entirely altogether.

They are marketing these pools to the young, hip, single model-type club-goers... Not the overweight, pasty hairy back having 40 year old with 2 kids.

So much bitterness about a pool. It's not a swimming pool, just a pool. A place to relax and hang out and keep cool during the summer. Some buildings have the "endless pools" which are great if you want to use it for fitness and swimming purposes without building a giant pool. If you want to go swimming in a big huge pool, the city has lots of those available to use.

So much bitterness about a pool. It's not a swimming pool, just a pool. A place to relax and hang out and keep cool during the summer. Some buildings have the "endless pools" which are great if you want to use it for fitness and swimming purposes without building a giant pool. If you want to go swimming in a big huge pool, the city has lots of those available to use.
The problem with a pool (of any size) is that they are VERY expensive to maintain and cost $$$ to heat all year. If it is intended to be a 'social hub' rather than a place to actually get into and get exercise it would surely be better to have a 'reflecting pool".

The problem with a pool (of any size) is that they are VERY expensive to maintain and cost $$$ to heat all year. If it is intended to be a 'social hub' rather than a place to actually get into and get exercise it would surely be better to have a 'reflecting pool".

It won't be heated all year. As mentioned above, these pools are meant for casual use. A 'reflecting pool' misses the point.

Sad news on the bridge, but I still think this looks urban and interesting. Thanks for posting those.

We already have a bridge in the area. Why do we need another? :( :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,694

Back