Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

Guys just one stupid question : does this parking lot looks big enough to house St. Lawrence condo? To me it's hard to imagine how the pedestal and two towers will fit in this pretty small parking lot. Any professional opinion?

Guys just one stupid question : does this parking lot looks big enough to house St. Lawrence condo? To me it's hard to imagine how the pedestal and two towers will fit in this pretty small parking lot. Any professional opinion?
That was exactly the main objection from the neighbourhood assn (and the City) - but the OMB approved it. They are shoe-horning a huge building onto a rather small site but then they can sell more Units and make more money.

So this is why was the delay with excavation timing?
I don't think so. The OMB approved the project several years ago (3?) and the developer started sales very quickly. The fact they relaunched sales with new names several times would lead one to believe they were not as robust as they wanted. Was this because potential buyers saw this as the wrong type of project for St Lawrence? Who knows but the Berczy which is higher end sold very fast so ....

I bet they would have moved ahead faster if they had marketed a building with larger Units at higher prices, but I'm not a developer.

Last edited:
We went and saw a presentation unit last year. Horrid, cramped layout. Building looks cool from the outside but we knew immediately it wasn't going to be for us.

Time and Space across the street was one of the hottest projects this year (with over 1,500 units to boot), and it sold like hotcakes. Small units like this one too. I think the price was quite a bit lower however. This one comboed luxury price per square foot with the small unit sizes.. Time and Space did small space and price per square foot aiming more at the investor market.

so glad they are starting work, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out, great location.

I see that nothing has started since the fence went up. Does anyone know anything or have any updates?

Saw this posted today. Reduction in parking spaces.

158Front.JPG

Attachments

• 158Front.JPG
    158Front.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 522
Finally! Now question to people who knows construction timings : when the condo will be ready? 1.5 years for construction is reasonable?

Finally! Now question to people who knows construction timings : when the condo will be ready? 1.5 years for construction is reasonable?
They first have to actually start! While it APPEARS they are getting ready to excavate their progress has been glacial to date so I would hesitate to guess on a completion.

Back