Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

July 21, 2020

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

So far, this is shaping up to be another winner for the neighbourhood, along with East FiftyFive and even 75 on The Esplanade. All aA, by the way. There's also MOZO and 60 Colbourne in the 'hood by aA. Not too far away, Market Wharf, Pure Spirit and Fleur by aA are no slouches either. Coincidence? Don't think so.

Last edited:
So far, this is shaping up to be another winner for the neighbourhood, along with East FiftyFive and even 75 on The Esplanade. All aA, by the way. There's also MOZO and 60 Colbourne in the 'hood by aA. Not too far away, Market Wharf, Pure Spirit and Fleur by aA are no slouches either. Coincidence? Don't think so.
Patience! The main neighbourhood objection to 158 Front is its height. It is far from being finished. The podium is 'ok", though I am sorry they did not go with the red/yellow brick that is a 'signature' of Old Town and I will be interested in seeing how it actually meets the street.

Patience! The main neighbourhood objection to 158 Front is its height. It is far from being finished. The podium is 'ok", though I am sorry they did not go with the red/yellow brick that is a 'signature' of Old Town and I will be interested in seeing how it actually meets the street.

The dark brick does match very nicely with its neighbour on Sherbourne. I like it.

My objection to this building is the height mainly...it doesn't really fit with the neighbourhood of midrises, but it's onthe fringe a bit, which is better at least. The claddkng looks okay which is good...just hoping the street level isn't crap.

It’s too early to make that judgement but the podium looks well done so far. Some of aA’s work is good, like the buildings you've listed, but there's quite a bit of bad work too which is arguably the developers' fault. But also their newer stuff feels a bit drab and like repeated motifs.

My objection to this building is the height mainly...it doesn't really fit with the neighbourhood of midrises, but it's onthe fringe a bit, which is better at least. The claddkng looks okay which is good...just hoping the street level isn't crap.
As for the street level, I'm sure we can expect a standard wall of glass, as indicated in the renderings and judging by how most other condo street levels are designed. Depressing, but great for Shoppers and Rexalls.

Last edited:
Yep...thats what I expect with this monolith. Disappointing, but it is what it is. Ideally I would've hoped for more masonry right to the ground...to relate to the neighbourhood, bit that's something many developers don't really think about.

Hope aA is paying you. :D

I agree that this looks good so far.

Back