Toronto St Lawrence Condos at 158 Front | 91.44m | 26s | Cityzen | a—A

The details from city dev ap site:

154 FRONT ST E
OPA / Rezoning 11 146719 STE 28 OZ Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Mar 16, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application for construction of 2 towers atop one podium. Podium is 8 stories with towers with a height of 24 and 34 stories. Retail at grade - 5 levels below grade parking - 361 parking spacs with 33 visitor parking spaces - 537 residential units
154 FRONT ST E
Site Plan Approval 11 146730 STE 28 SA Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Mar 16, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Site plan approval application for construction of 2 towers atop one podium. Podium is 8 stories with towers with a height of 24 and 34 stories. Retail at grade - 5 levels below grade parking - 361 parking spacs with 33 visitor parking spaces - 537 residential units - see 11 146719 STE 28 OZ

good thing I never bought that condo in 138 princess with the terrace overlooking the greyhound and the city skyline . In a few years, its gorgeous view will be obstructed almost entirely by this project. Great for the area though.

good thing I never bought that condo in 138 princess with the terrace overlooking the greyhound and the city skyline . In a few years, its gorgeous view will be obstructed almost entirely by this project. Great for the area though.

No view is safe!

hmm...this would indicate that there are definite plans to move the Bus Parcel Express facility somewhere else, wouldn't it?

I walked by here tonight - there was a sign, with a notification and a new-looking rendering up. It showed two blockish towers above a podium, connected by a kind of vegetation-laden skybridge at the roofline. The towers and podium seemed to be made of a sort of checkerboard pattern of pale brick. It reminded me a bit of Woodsworth Residences at U of T.

Last edited:
There was another informal 'neighbours' meeting on Monday night and the latest plan is for two towers (24 and 34) on top of an 8 storey podium (floors include the podium). The 34 will be at the Sherbourne side and there will be setbacks along Frederick and Front with a 'park' at the corner of Frederick and Front. There will be a bridge connecting the two towers at the top of the lower one. It will have 531 (or 561?) units from 500 - 800 sq ft. Of course, this is all 'wishful thinking' as the project has not really started its OFFICIAL journey through the City planning process. I think there will be a City-run public meeting in June - and it should be quite interesting to see how their plans are received there, the initial response was not too keen on having only small units and (at least) those living very close were not keen on the density.

Quote Originally Posted by desmo View Post

No view is safe!

Yeah, more pressing to that view is the proposed development at King and Sherbourne, which will have a more direct impact on light and privacy.

The real unfortunate loss of views are buyers at Abbey Lane Lofts, getting booked ended on the east and west..

Die no more:

154FrontEarlyRendering750.jpg

I quite like it. It's nice to see a tower project where mass and texture take priority over glass, glass, glass. Seconded on the 'North Sea' feel.

Back