Mississauga Square One Expansions and Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

According to the description, this would be the area of the addition.

BE3192CB-7E89-43E4-89AD-1D5368FBC9B1-4607-000002D5DC463401.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised to see them incorporate an enclosed connection to the transit hub just across the roadway from Target. The roadway is frequently blocked by pedestrians coming and going between the mall and the hub.

78C4DD42-DBDC-4531-B5C1-F99F36364116-4607-000002E6C5E9CB67.jpg

Last edited:
This will give a better idea of the expansion of the food court. It will include the Burger King, Bowring and the space next to BK.

9417E400-C59B-4A35-9ADC-FE5F79AAD064-4607-000002DDAB9AE63B.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised to see them incorporate an enclosed connection to the transit hub just across the roadway from Target. The roadway is frequently blocked by pedestrians coming and going between the mall and the hub.

If they're building 2 levels on top of what's already there that could work. If they're only building one, then I don't think so. I guess we'll see when some renders finally appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are only building one level at grade with the 2nd level being underground. How much of the current lower level will be expanded is still unknown at this time until I see the plan.

The yellow area needs to go up to the wall area of Target as a straight line out to Sq One Dr. The new entrance to the mall is next to the Traget entrance.

The walkway in the mall extension will follow the current walkway.

I can't believe there *isn't* an enclosed connection to the transit terminal. That's a no-brainer to me.
Seems to me that it's easier to connect it underground than to build a bridge over the top.

The whole terminal is on the small side considering the volume going through, so expanding more of it with a larger lower level concourse that enters the mall where the Wine Rack is (right next to the LL Target entrance) makes a lot of sense to me.

Seems to me that it's easier to connect it underground than to build a bridge over the top.

The whole terminal is on the small side considering the volume going through, so expanding more of it with a larger lower level concourse that enters the mall where the Wine Rack is (right next to the LL Target entrance) makes a lot of sense to me.

The problem is that the roadway is low there - at grade with the lower level of Target and the existing underground mall section. Going over would be easier IMO.

It's unfortunate neither level is very convenient to connect to here. If the terminal had another level down then maybe.

As for the expansion itself, it looks like the unit size will be very lopsided, with huge units on the north end and tiny units on the south end.

It looks like it's really a one-level expansion - lower level already exists - which is pretty unspectacular given what is happening with other retail Centres across Canada.

49945F2C-03FC-46E7-AAC8-7162F2542E4F-440-00000051E2B1448A.jpg

BD74FBFD-29EE-40F7-81A0-9DF8023F4D79-440-00000051EB0EC481.jpg

Last edited:
You put your dots in the wrong place unless they move the hallway. The dots should follow the skylights, not the escalators which are offset from the hallway.

I wonder if this expansion was always on the books or planned for? I mean, really why is there a lower level there already, with parking right above it? Never understood that...

That hallway has always felt the oddest at the mall to me. After initial curiosity when it first opened years ago, I have rarely gone down it in the past decade. It doesn't help that it doesn't go anywhere, but there's also a feel that it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the mall. Turning it into a two floor atrium space should fix everything.

The only thing about that that sucks, is that with the removal of the escalators where the Stitch It is located, means that you will have to walk further to go up or down from the area where The Body Shop is. I always thought they should have an up escalator in one wing to the right, and one to the left, before you continue towards the food court. Right now there is a staircase to the right, where the pet store is, and an elevator right by The Bay.

If I am reading the renders posted in the mall correct, the elevator in the centre court is going to be remove and no idrea where it will be located since there is no place on the upper floor at this time to put in a new one.

The centre court will see 2 new escalators.

The ceiling in the food court is being removed now as well more of the corridor ceiling.

With the closing of Pearl Vision and all the unites in that corridor, that corridor could become a walkway to the lower level of the new expansion and bypass the the current washroom route.

A few of the arches are now box in.

According to the renders posted, all the round cover columns will become square.

The pit is built for the new double escalators running side with structural work taking place for new framing on the south end for both escalators supports.

There needs to be larger and more elevators in this mall. Taking the escalators by the Bay out was a mistake.

Back