Mississauga Square One Expansions and Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Playdium Park to close November 1, 2020
That's really unfortunate, but they can't operate at all over the winter so that's a lot of space going unused. Maybe in the future another entertainment complex can fill that void in an area that's not on prime real estate. Assuming the property goes up for sale, can the city use it to reorganize the bus terminal or expand the street grid network?

That's really unfortunate, but they can't operate at all over the winter so that's a lot of space going unused. Maybe in the future another entertainment complex can fill that void in an area that's not on prime real estate. Assuming the property goes up for sale, can the city use it to reorganize the bus terminal or expand the street grid network?

They previously did operate throughout the winter. Indoor games, and batting cage functioned all year long. Only go carts and mini golf are seasonal. Condo development has been slated for the property for years. This likely has a lot to do with financial issues at Cineplex, plus the opening of new Playdium , 20 minutes away, in Brampton

They previously did operate throughout the winter. Indoor games, and batting cage functioned all year long. Only go carts and mini golf are seasonal. Condo development has been slated for the property for years. This likely has a lot to do with financial issues at Cineplex, plus the opening of new Playdium , 20 minutes away, in Brampton
I mean, right now the only things that are open are the outside attractions. I also didn't know about the new Playdium in Brampton, so I looked that up and it's in a much better spot long-term.

Seeing as the property is right next to the bus terminal, I think it might make more sense to use some of the Playdium space for a new transit terminal, and open up the current bus terminals to development.

I mean, right now the only things that are open are the outside attractions. I also didn't know about the new Playdium in Brampton, so I looked that up and it's in a much better spot long-term.

Seeing as the property is right next to the bus terminal, I think it might make more sense to use some of the Playdium space for a new transit terminal, and open up the current bus terminals to development.
I think you might have missed this : https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2020/0...est-development-history-squareone-mississauga

and https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...lding-219-rathburn-road-w-m-19s-oxford.31678/
:)

Last edited:
Where? Never heard of that before.

It's just off the Steeles exit of the 410 at First Gulf road.

Cineplex also opened one in Whitby, as well as a couple under construction in Dartmouth and Brossard. Prior to the pandemic they were planning to open 15 new locations across Canada. I'm certain many of them have now been put on hold for the meantime.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an update on the National Geographic location? I believe it was to be ready earlier this year, but imagine COVID has changed that plan. Wondering if they have decided to completely pull the plug on it?

Back