Toronto Spirits Condominiums | 93.9m | 28s | Cadillac Fairview | Hariri Pontarini

Craig, have you been able to find out any information re this project? I contacted the planner, listed at the bottom of the first post, but he hasn't gotten back to me, several days later. I saw a caterpillar on site when I drove by about a week ago, but I couldn't see a development sign.
Sorry, I have not been able to commit any time to this yet.

Craig, have you been able to find out any information re this project? I contacted the planner, listed at the bottom of the first post, but he hasn't gotten back to me, several days later. I saw a caterpillar on site when I drove by about a week ago, but I couldn't see a development sign.

I believe the site is just being used as storage for construction equipment. (They've been working on utilities along the Donway, digging up the road in various places)

Not bad. Very Ice-like in form and arrangement on the site. I look forward to seeing renderings.

Very interesting. This one has a high percentage of 3+ bedroom units, at 73 units or 10% of the building's total.

The database file and the thread title should be updated to reflect the information.

Elevations.

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at Tuesday Jan 12, 2016 11.38.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at Tuesday Jan 12, 2016 11.38.22 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at Tuesday Jan 12, 2016 11.38.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at Tuesday Jan 12, 2016 11.38.31 AM.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 997
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at Tuesday Jan 12, 2016 11.38.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at Tuesday Jan 12, 2016 11.38.22 AM.png
    345.1 KB · Views: 1,000
I don't know what to make of this so far. There's a balcony overload, but I'll need to see renderings to have a better indication of how this will turn out (with HP at the helm, I have hope that this will turn out well). It sort of reminds me of the initial design for the twin tower proposal on the parking lot, directly north of the Four Seasons. Hopefully this will be curtain wall and a step above the cladding of the other adjacent towers. The Donway W could turn out to have a really interesting cluster of buildings, especially if the Westbank/BIG proposal reemerges.

Confirmed that these are HPA designs - and that it's for Cadillac Fairview. No word on who their residential co-developer might be on this project, if there is one. (They've paired with Fram up here before, but not this time as far as we know. At Maple Leaf Square and Ïce they partnered with Lanterra. There would be other partnerships from the past.)

1. What makes you think this is Hariri Pontarini?
2. It won't be curtain wall.
See post #13 on previous page.

I don't think it will be curtain wall; I hope it will be. What makes you think it won't be; because it's a CF project (they're notoriously cheap)?

Last edited:
I saw your previous post, thanks for confirming that.

I doubt curtain wall because of the simple cost of the material and the lower psf that projects can command in an area so far out of the core (meaning that higher-end materials aren't possible without more front-end investment from the developer). HPA should still be able to give us something good though.

There's another reason not to do curtain wall on this building. Curtain wall hangs off the side of a building, whereas window wall sits on the slabs. Since the towers are surrounded by balconies, you'd have to install a hybrid system, and since you're not likely to see much of the actual wall behind the balcony glazing anyway, why spend the extra money on the curtain wall?

There's another reason not to do curtain wall on this building. Curtain wall hangs off the side of a building, whereas window wall sits on the slabs. Since the towers are surrounded by balconies, you'd have to install a hybrid system, and since you're not likely to see much of the actual wall behind the balcony glazing anyway, why spend the extra money on the curtain wall?

At the very least, I hope they will use black mullions. I don't understand why basically every window wall building in this city uses gray; including Flaire, next door.

If curtain wall doesn't make sense at this location, why would a BIG proposal? Surely, that would have been much higher quality than what will be built by HP.

Back