Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Aura has its sheer convex face and its heavily mullioned flat face, both scatter and reflect light - so I wonder how that would happen there. You really need a perfectly angled concave surface to create that death ray effect. If the inner facades of City Hall or the Bow in Calgary were clad in uninterrupted reflective curtainwall like the Vdara, that could be dicey. No concave facades exist in southcore other than the slightly concave Luna at CityPlace...maybe another one or two I am forgetting about

Has anyone done a floor count on this one? Just wondering if they are close to topping off.

@mafaldaboy
Thanks for the great shots! Love the contrast, sharpness and saturation.
Curious what lens those were taken with.

Thanks! I recently got a Nikon D5100. I've only just gotten into photography, so I've only got one lens, a 18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6 VR (is that what you call it?). :rolleyes: I also fiddled with the picture in photoshop afterwards.

The Delta is so elegant and I love how it reflects in the Bremner Tower, too.

Great front page article, sMT! The Delta calls my name...it's a magnet.

Great photos! IMO this building is 2nd only to the L-tower in beauty among the new buildings being built. I really like the curtainwall. The highly reflective glazing really adds to this building and sets it apart from the green buildings in the southcore. Really, really like this building.

Last edited:
9375710914_2207e536b3_b.jpg

I've not been following this thread for a while, sensational projects here! The glass on both buildings is terrific, but the Delta really stands out.

Back