IMG_20130525_130001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_20130525_130013.jpg
    IMG_20130525_130013.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 874
  • IMG_20130525_131022.jpg
    IMG_20130525_131022.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 873
Drove acrosss the Gardener today, and I msut admit that this tower should have been much taller ......
I actually brings a fresh break from a sea of boring glass at the Southcore.

To me, this is the best non-residential project in recent years and should have been closer to the lake.

Love the Delta! Even on a dreary day it looks gorgeous. I would have loved if this was the tallest hotel in TO, but I guess it would have been hard to trump Trump.

May 28th

Love the Delta! Even on a dreary day it looks gorgeous. I would have loved if this was the tallest hotel in TO, but I guess it would have been hard to trump Trump.

May 28th

Actually.... It will be the tallest hotel in Toronto. All the other's including Trump (Four Seasons, Shangri La, Ritz Carlton) are mixed-use and not ALL hotel. Their Condo portions give them the height.

:)

But we all know what you meant.

I'm continuously impressed by this tower. Excited to see it complete!

I would agree that Delta is the shining star along this stretch. However the Bremner Tower, PWC and Telus are also very high quality in terms of finish compared to most of what is down there (boring boxy designs aside). Ice is the only residential project with quality cladding and design at the moment. The rest is cheap green glass and uninspiring. The future looks bright if 1 Yonge happens as planned (Pinnacle on Adelaide is looking somewhat promising). 10 York has potential and 1 York is a complete crap shoot based on the poor track record of Tridel's other projects. Let's hope the developers of these upcoming projects use this as an opportunity to redeem themselves!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am a bit worried for Delta as i have noticed many building using horrible blinds or shades in their windows. I understand why they have them, but they cheapen the look of a building... Shangri-la Looked amazing till its blinds went up. It still looks great from the street. But from a distance those blinds distract from its over all appearance. But, I guess theres not much that can be done about that. Just IMO.

I agree that Ice and Delta plus the telus pwc and the other box are great looking buildings but I don't think they're the ONLY good looking ones south of the tracks. I personally like the Brookfield office towers next to the harbour comission building south of the gardiner, they're probably the only other good buildings down there though and they're not that tall.

Good point rpeters, I forgot about those two buildings. Waterpark Place is respectable and adds some much needed heaviness and texture amongst the endless sea of glass. The new RBC building u/c in that complex will likely be of very high quality material as well, even if the design is bit ho-hum. The Ice office tower also promises to be a quality building if and when it gets built... However it would be nice to have something other than a squat boxy office building built down there this cycle with 5 boxes built or u/c and one proposed (Ice).

More buildings like this and Telus etc. will thankfully make the boring green glass boxes fade away. As long as that fad isn't resurrected. The future construction south of the tracks will also hide some of it.

Back