Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

Funkster: be aware that you are on notice. With only two posts, one praising a project in direct competition with a neighbour that you're dissing, your next posts had better not look like a sales or hatchet job...

If I'm wrong, welcome to urbantoronto!

^ lol. Easy guys. I'll take the Welcome and not the notice. No 'dissing' - just mentioning my observations and concerns. As an investor, there are many factors that we need to address with new projects, especially projects very close together.

None-the-less, I'm sure South Beach will be a successful project - I just can't say a lot about it yet because we don't have much info on the project. I received a beautiful brochure from South Beach in the Mail, their sales site is shaping up and I am excited to see their product as well.

The main reason why the other project down the street received more initial praises was because I was able to see details through their window. Second reason was because I liked what I saw :p

Cheers!

Just got word from the developer that the first phase will be the tower on the west end of the lot, and the second phase will be built on the east end.

There is a large retail portion of the amenities which will be built with the second phase, and will be managed by the builder, to maintain the integrity of the builders vision.

The roof will have some massive solar panels built in, with the intention of keeping maint fees low....

This info is from the builder...so take it as that....

The official site is also up...with some larger pics of the project.....

I wonder when Phase II will go up w/ the amenities. Any idea as to which amenity areas will be complete in Phase I? Their website looks great.

As someone who is often in the area, I am glad to see all of the developments going on. As long as the developers preserve the park land, and keep the cookie factory, I'll be a happy person!

My secret Humber Bay shores fantasy? Leaky roof syndrome!

I'd love to see all these tacky buildings covered in scaffolding and hidden under tarp!

A real shame Peter Clewes wasn't consulted before this condo'burb--the equivalent to a mcmansion in erin mills--was conceived!

A real shame Peter Clewes wasn't consulted before this condo'burb--the equivalent to a mcmansion in erin mills--was conceived!

Don't slur the name of Erin Mills so curtly. After all, its original 70s phase was E.P. Taylor's sequel to Don Mills...

I wonder when Phase II will go up w/ the amenities. Any idea as to which amenity areas will be complete in Phase I? Their website looks great.

As someone who is often in the area, I am glad to see all of the developments going on. As long as the developers preserve the park land, and keep the cookie factory, I'll be a happy person!

Ah, Mr. Christie's cookie factory. I didn't know about it until I caught that wonderful aroma and followed my nose. I drove off with a trunk full of cookies. Also intersting to watch the grossly obese and their children walk out of the factory store with garabge bags full of junk food. Fascinating.

You just know that with the crazy amount of condos going up all around it, that cookie factory on prime real estate is living on borrowed time.

You just know that with the crazy amount of condos going up all around it, that cookie factory on prime real estate is living on borrowed time.

This is what I been harping the whole time,this area is still a bit off the beaten tracks and those who mentioned it is a "industrial area" will be greatly surprise in a few years it be all condos.The pricing of these projects is below market price for the amount of extras (free parking and great finance rates) compared to the saturated downtown core where parking is a extra $40k plus.Show me a large project near the lake,near major highway and is accessible to downtown by car in 10 minutes and TTC by 20 minutes.A project where a neighboring condo is not meters away from your balcony (if your lucky enough to have one,a real usable one not one that is 6'x5').The next stage is luxury townhomes on Legion Rd/Manitoba area and after that rumors of a small shopping center.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

It's great living right by the cookie factory. There is no bigger treat than waking up on a nice summer morning with the fresh smell of vanilla wafting through your window...

Back