Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

Far from greatness but, the tower does have a pleasing wavy balcony design. What went wrong with the podium? I literally facepalmed!

IT8EBi8.png

2fFdSeL.png
Enrique, Is this picture of Social Condos, and who drew this picture? Or did you just draw it up? Is this accurate and true representation of the planned building?

When one upgrades to something nicer it instantly highlights the ugly around it. Pace, Grid, and Dundas Gardens have done the same to this strip of street. I'm glad this is being re-developed but it's sometimes over whelming how much ugly remains. There's easily another 10,000 other lots just as desperately depressing.

Enrique, Is this picture of Social Condos, and who drew this picture? Or did you just draw it up? Is this accurate and true representation of the planned building?

I made it, and yes it's accurate... here are a few more:

Looking Southeast-
Z3s24eI.png

Looking Northwest-
MdK7zPL.png

From Yonge/Dundas Square-
zQKaWsg.png

I made it, and yes it's accurate... here are a few more:

Looking Southeast-
Z3s24eI.png

Looking Northwest-
MdK7zPL.png

From Yonge/Dundas Square-
zQKaWsg.png
Wow, neat! The base definitely looks ugly that others also commented on UrbanToronto. Hope they can improve on it...

a rotting pile of filth , cant wait for demolition and a shiny 52 stories of light and people

There's still something to be said about the ramshackle, torched block. It has character from the many years of owners carving out their own businesses. What's replacing it all is a large, bland podium with the character of Bay Street.

There's still something to be said about the ramshackle, torched block. It has character from the many years of owners carving out their own businesses. What's replacing it all is a large, bland podium with the character of Bay Street.

blame that on the apathy of the city and councillor KWT , .. this hood was a blank slate for new exciting /thoughtful architecture , yet she focuses , on the crackheads , ... even the promise of affordable units/floors in the 20 odd buildings going up in the immediate area was left to ruin and apathy
GENTRIFICATION always and everywhere , thankfully

It's unfair to place all blame on the city and KWT. First, blocks of properties are assembled and erased everywhere. Second. The government is not a babysitter. They are just an insurer. The entities investing in the developer's vision and the end buyers of the units hold the responsibility for trash architecture we all have to bare. Same applies to those buying units that aren't approved. The risk is wholly on them. There is no need for government intervention because greed is ignorant.

Back