Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

This building would look great by the harbourfront, loving the angles of this building ! It deserves to have height of a supertall !
How does a building "deserve" anything? A building needs to fit into a neighbourhood and in some neighbourhoods a Super tall IS 'required' (or appropriate), it others it's not. I am not sure if this NEIGHBOURHOOD is suitable for a supertall but THAT should be the discussion not whether a particular design (rendering!) would look better if it were taller. We have seen lots of proposals in recent years which (in isolation) look great but which are proposed for sites where they really do not fit.

How does a building "deserve" anything? A building needs to fit into a neighbourhood and in some neighbourhoods a Super tall IS 'required' (or appropriate), it others it's not. I am not sure if this NEIGHBOURHOOD is suitable for a supertall but THAT should be the discussion not whether a particular design (rendering!) would look better if it were taller. We have seen lots of proposals in recent years which (in isolation) look great but which are proposed for sites where they really do not fit.

I'm talking about the facade look of the building ! It's not just a boring rectangle box that LBCO lands are going to develop. There's lots of sculptured detail to this facade. It has the same similarities as the Harbour Plaza condo towers. Which stand out beautifully from afar. Which I think would look great if doubled in height !

I'm talking about the facade look of the building ! It's not just a boring rectangle box that LBCO lands are going to develop. There's lots of sculptured detail to this facade. It has the same similarities as the Harbour Plaza condo towers. Which stand out beautifully from afar. Which I think would look great if doubled in height !
As with many things, size is not everything!

UrbanToronto mentioned in March 16 writeup on Church corridor recap. SPA resubmit recently made for Social Condos. How can I look up this doc? I dont see it in this forum. Anyone know?

UrbanToronto mentioned in March 16 writeup on Church corridor recap. SPA resubmit recently made for Social Condos. How can I look up this doc? I dont see it in this forum. Anyone know?

Hi Dan you can check it out on the city's development application information centre. Website at toronto.ca/aic you can find documents for all the development applications there.

If I am reading the City of Toronto site correctly, 223 Church (the Hotel) and 117 Dundas E (the restaurant on the corner of Dundas & Dalhousie) got demo permits on 12 March. 225 Church (the Shisha lounge) is under review, 227 Church (the closed Ethiopian place) was refused, and 229 Church (corner) is under review.

They have closed the parking lot and there is a small excavator on site:

IMG_0731.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
brianyyz , do u have a link to city page , .. what does it mean 227 church ''was refused'' .... when does demolition start , is scheduled for

Back