Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

Yes, in terms of interesting and cheap places, not another Pizza Pizza or Jack Astors where a boring hamburger/pasta costs $15.

I am not sure though that the mentioning of Ryerson itself means the condo is marketed towards students. The ad is in Chinese, and for the past several years, almost all new downtown condos mention their proximity to Ryerson, UofT, George Brown (even though sometimes it is a good 20 minutes walk). I tend to think it is just one selling point they almost always use.

Here’s another ad – specifically sells the building with “a high return on investment.” It’s definitely being marketed to investors, rather than homeowners.

I like how it says it’s 10 minutes to University of Toronto. Perhaps the Faculty of Dentistry.

D357EF82-C28B-47C7-9A3C-575E15A48565.jpeg

Attachments

• D357EF82-C28B-47C7-9A3C-575E15A48565.jpeg
    D357EF82-C28B-47C7-9A3C-575E15A48565.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 607
167 resident spaces. No visitor parking is proposed, but 11 car share spaces are proposed. That's not been finalized yet.

From my experience, yes. Especially in downtown areas where there is plenty of commercial parking in the area.. The Transportation reports often state that visitor parking can be accommodated in those garages.

Here’s another ad – specifically sells the building with “a high return on investment.” It’s definitely being marketed to investors, rather than homeowners.

I like how it says it’s 10 minutes to University of Toronto. Perhaps the Faculty of Dentistry.

It is fair to say its potential Chinese buyers are investors. It is very interesting that the Chinese immigrants predominantly prefer living in suburban homes, rather than city centre condos, although they are all used to condo living. Yes, a lot of them mention UofT, even when it is more than 20 minutes walk.

We now have a front page story up about this building's appearance at the Design Review Panel last week, in rather unprecedented circumstances: for the first time (we believe), the OMB mandated the panel to settle a dispute between the City and the development team. The meeting happened, but its outcome is uncertain. Check it out here!

Oh no! I hope the developer will not be forced to redesign this iconic building.
The waves effect of the balconies are so nice. It's a chance to have something
extraordinary there and i hope the building will not get redesign for the worst.
It's rare to see something so nice these day and it's one of my favorite building.
Please don't touch that building ! :mad:

This building is not iconic - it's the farthest thing from it.

I certainly hope this does not go back to looking like the renders from when it was approved for its current height.

This is what scare me the most ,you know . I love the current style and i don't want it become
banal and boring like many other towers in the city.But Pemberton showed some improvement
in their architectural style with Social condos. The architects and developers are humans.
Humans can change for the best if they want. If the design change,i think it will be between
the approved design and the actual.
Thank you.

This "design" is awful. They clearly didn't actually employ an architect, this building was drawn solely by engineers. It's pretty pathetic that our buildings now are simple boxes designed to absolutely minimize living space and aesthetics purely to maximize developer profit. This type of development looks fine on the drawing board but not so much when built out. Somehow we need to provide our city with more power as it pertains to building aesthetics.

Back