Toronto Smart House | 82.6m | 25s | Urban Capital | a—A

Oh yah, that's pretty bad.. haha! You can see how the designer used two images – one for the left of the image, another for the right – and didn't even bother to seamlessly merge them. The line is very apparent. Very sloppy work indeed.

Haha, it's like that in every pic of that angle. Someone really wanted those cabs front and centre. More fawning over NYC, when in fact cabs are one of the worst parts of this city.

Probably in NYC, too, but I wouldn't know about that. At least they're iconic there.

Never mind the cab or the cop car, look at how clean Queen looks! That's just not realistic at all!

At least they left the gum stains on the sidewalks.

Jeux de mots, methinks?

11198192.JPG

Mmmmmaybe. The Citicorp Center is now the Citigroup Center though, and this building certainly doesn't reference that one, whatever you want to call it...

Maybe they are calling it City Core to make sure that people still think this is in the centre of the core, and not on the fringe of it, like it actually is...

I think they've just run out of better names.

well actually I think the builder is "City Core Developments" hence the name

whats new in this set of renderings vs the first set is the identification of Shoppers Drug Mart as tenant (based on signage shown)

Possible new condo site -- 219 Queen St. West

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet. A recent sale of the parking lot at 219 Queen Street West has been reported. It's the second property west of Simcoe Street, next door to the CIBC branch and right across from the newish office tower on the north side. The purchaser is Camrost - Feldman.

It has a frontage of 98 feet and depth of 100 feet. That's large enough for a point tower (hopefully with commercial space at street grade). It might be nicer yet if a couple of the underutilized old properties just to the west could be combined with it.

this is sounding like an office development that was discussed around a year ago. I would be hard pressed to find the thread for it, but perhaps someone else will be more familiar and can confirm...

It doesn't look like the biggest of lots (based on my memory of walking by from time to time), but smaller lots have been developed. Does anyone know what that piece of land is zoned for? An office tower was proposed and then cancelled, but now it will be a condo?

I belatedly remember this thread from earlier. I remember thinking at the time (and still think) that it was an ill-conceived proposal for basically unwanted downtown office space.

Camrost is known as a condo builder. I would expect a condo here, and probably a "high end" one at that. I think chances of an office proposal being revived here would be just about nil.

Camrost has a history of office development notably the 23 storey Madison Centre and the 19 storey Royal Bank Tower in North York Centre. Then again, both were built during the golden age of office tower construction.

Back