Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

I reallly like this area of this city for some reason and I hope the new building will be a real gem to compliment the older buildings across the street.

My condo newsletter indicates Great Gulf has submitted a proposal to the city for this lot. A high-rise that the condo people intend to fight because of the "proposed height" and the fact that it fails to respect the "heritage character of the neighbourhood". I'll report further when I hear more.

Thanks for that Ed. Did it mention the proposed height/floors?

Doesn't Spire fall outside of the so called boundaries of the St Lawrence Neighbourhood?

Anyhow, with the addition of Five Corners and this proposal Church from Esplanade to King becomes a lot more residentially dense.

No mention of height but knowing the people in my building they'll complain about anything higher than 5 floors. There were many complaints about Five Corners in my building.

Looked at the newsletter again and there is an attached rendering. A 40 storey Turning Torso kind of thing. Looks to be a stock rendering that the newsletter picked rather than a real render.

I'd love to see a 40 storey Turning Torso style building here. But I somehow doubt that this is what the developers plan. I would bet on a 25-30 storey building.

Bill

there is an attached rendering. A 40 storey Turning Torso kind of thing

if it is a stock rendering, funny they should pic that....

/could get interesting...;)

A screw or turning torso would be absolutely amazing for this area. What a statement it would make!

Yup, a nice place for a screw, alright. (Geez, that feels like Rat Pack private talk. Better get up to that lounge at the Regal Constellation right away...)

60-70 COLBORNE STREET & 101 KING ST EAST -- 33,651.00 sq. metres -- Proposed development of a new mixed use building located in 39 stories above grade containing 32,852m2 of residential gross floor area, 825m2 of commmercial gross floor area, 392 dwelling units complete with 6 levels of below grade parking.

It was included in the last round of development applications at the City. There is some speculation about it in this thread, but nothing concrete on it yet.

Also proposed is a 7 or 8-storey podium running from King to Colbourne on Church.. probably the same height as adjacent Albany Club and surrounding buildings.

Back