Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

I can see that. Anyways, I would think that after a while you would know not to expect the final product to look exactly like the render.

In most cases the actual built form is rarely like the rendering, but the spirit and concept should be there.
In this case, it was shown as really impressive amber-copper glass bullnose beams forming a slick luminescent grid for the podium (similar to the Novel building on Bond St, NY), so they should try hard to emulate this quality whether it's glass or not.

I think y'all just love to hate and be negative about these types of things, but that's just my observations overall.
Yes, there is some negativity around here but when a developer 'promises' decent finishes and then cheapens out it needs to be pointed out (even if it is certainly not a surprise.)

May 30, 2018

I’m liking this more and more. The chamfering is adding nice depth and articulation to the building. (cell phone pic)

B21CDB2C-A972-4E29-9E35-B7EFDDF3191A.jpeg

Attachments

• B21CDB2C-A972-4E29-9E35-B7EFDDF3191A.jpeg
    B21CDB2C-A972-4E29-9E35-B7EFDDF3191A.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
It's not bad. But what I find with Toronto developers is they like to bait and switch.

5537-20130130-colborne-ext2.jpg

4852-87092.jpg

Where is the glossiness? It looks very dull. And that seems to happen. It seems developers will always take the more conservative approach. Maybe "bait and switch" isn't the right term in this case but the design went from bold to just meh.

Maybe "bait and switch" isn't the right term in this case but the design went from bold to just meh.
For goodness sake, this is going to be far better than "just meh". Why is it so difficult to see some progress when it happens? Even if it's not everything you expected from the rendering, you have to remember that they are created before every bit of the design has been costed, before working drawings are created.

The spirit of the design is still there, there's still very little of it up so we're not getting he cumulative effect yet, and we've barely seen it in more than a couple of lighting conditions so far.

I find it so odd that everyone loses their minds over The Selby's red body (which is beautiful but hardly shimmers) and then when we get a similarly bright treatment here it's lamented. It's also worth noting we're yet to see this with the lights on inside and it seems like most of the renders had it at dusk with some generous photoshop help.

I find it so odd that everyone loses their minds over The Selby's red body (which is beautiful but hardly shimmers) and then when we get a similarly bright treatment here it's lamented. It's also worth noting we're yet to see this with the lights on inside and it seems like most of the renders had it at dusk with some generous photoshop help.

In the grand scheme of things, the negative reaction to the painted aluminum is one of disappointment, not outrage. A lament that it could be better - not WTF were they thinking.

AoD

Back