Toronto Sherbourne Common, Canada's Sugar Beach, and the Water's Edge Promenade | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Teeple Architects

Shots like that really illustrate how Sugar Beach gets its oomph from the otherwise-absurd juxtaposition of heavy industry and island paradise... if the Redpath Refinery ever packed it in and became another glassy condo block (or even another greenspace), the existing park really wouldn't make the same statement.

they actually werent shot HDR, just a long single exposure, but i will take that as a compliment :D thanks again everyone

Pretty empty today; hope it gets busier once Bayside is completed.

I'm starting to notice that most new parks being constructed in so-called "family friendly" neighbourhoods dont even have a playground for children. They should really add one in the area soon.

I'm starting to notice that most new parks being constructed in so-called "family friendly" neighbourhoods dont even have a playground for children. They should really add one in the area soon.

there is a playground in sherbourne common though...

there is a playground in sherbourne common though...

The playground is kind of disappointing. I went there expecting a playground but saw it was so modern and artsy, it doesn't really fit for a child's playground. Those old playgrounds are still the best. I even like the mini playground at Roundhouse Park. There could have been more swings. The height seems a bit high for children. Overall, the playground could have been more children friendly.

I think maybe having a playground isn't so much an issue that kids use swings, see saws, etc. But the fun in a playground is mixing all the kids into one place. It makes it more exciting with there's bunches of kids playing together eg) bunch heading to slides, some attempting to climb rope up, some running through tunnels etc. all in a compact area so kids enjoy the closeness of laughing, having fun together and meeting friends.

Last edited:
Still doesn't beat these types. Now these are children's playground.

arcadia-i-ultimate-playground-with-glider.jpg

playground%202.jpg

playground2.jpg

^thats what I meant when I said playground... slides, monkey bars and the like. I guess the swings and seesaws are alright, but I kinda wanted more variety in the equipment used :/

Playgrounds have gone soft ever since they've started making them "safe".

Give me those old wooden ones with the bridges, seesaws and those spinning things (carousels?) over the safe stuff any day. At least we broke our arms having more fun! :D

Oh, and those digger things are a must. I know you're picking up dirt and moving it to a different spot and repeating, but it was damn fun.

Last edited:

Back