Toronto Sherbourne Common, Canada's Sugar Beach, and the Water's Edge Promenade | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Teeple Architects

No...they were round .....probably more like seats for one....and they were striped and swirled and multicoloured....they looked like the hard candies your grandmother would keep in a glass bowl on the coffee table. I distinctly remember them in a rendering way back.

I was thinking about this...... And in a way i am o.k. If ford incorparated some of his ideas into the limited amount of space..... i wouldnt mind because some of the portlands ideas seem a bit more residential than anything..... But then again we dont know the extent to waterfrontTO's plan for this area so.... Cant stress how much i love parks in cities though.... They really turn me on

I feel for your love of of urban parks, but don't be fooled, the Ford's are not the ones to put your faith into. They will sell your parks in exchange for a pound of maccheese.

No...they were round .....probably more like seats for one....and they were striped and swirled and multicoloured....they looked like the hard candies your grandmother would keep in a glass bowl on the coffee table. I distinctly remember them in a rendering way back.

Do you mean something like this?

imgres

I don't recall the rendering you're talking about, but that would be cool, though it sounds expensive to make. The rocks do have red and white stripes on them, though just a few thin ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the ford "vision" is only for the southernmost part of the portlands - south of the lower donlands. Waterfront had no plans for that area except their pilot soil testing facility. So what are we losing? We still get west donlands, lower donlands, east bayfront, central waterfront, etc.

Ford's 'Vision' is anything the cat might drag in. Whatever it it is, it stinks and will derail any reasonable plans that are already in the works.

I feel for your love of of urban parks, but don't be fooled, the Ford's are not the ones to put your faith into. They will sell your parks in exchange for a pound of maccheese.

Oh no.... I dont want that...... Yikes..... damn me and my young easily politically swayed mind.... Ugh the "news" is the culprit i tell you

Back