Toronto Sherbourne Common, Canada's Sugar Beach, and the Water's Edge Promenade | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Teeple Architects

Well, that ship is bigger than usual - hence she's docked across the slip and not in it, but as the article says, that's no impediment to enjoying the park.

I'm not sure what she's carrying - they're not unloading raw sugar in the usual way.

I generally don't mind the smell and enjoy seeing ships arrive from distant ports. However, I was cycling by last Sunday and there were noxious smells coming from the plant. It wasn't the typical molasses smell but something that smelled vile and rotten. I can imagine that at times the plant makes the area unpleasant.

I generally don't mind the smell and enjoy seeing ships arrive from distant ports. However, I was cycling by last Sunday and there were noxious smells coming from the plant. It wasn't the typical molasses smell but something that smelled vile and rotten. I can imagine that at times the plant makes the area unpleasant.
That smell was lingering in the area about a month ago, but closer to the Yonge Street slip.

I see that Sherbourne Common (South) is now fenced off and discovered it's for a paid concert tomorrow.

George Ezra And James Bay

Sherbourne Common,Toronto, ON

Sat, Aug 1, 2015 05:00 PM

Details: George Ezra, James Bay

Please Note: All Ages Event / Rain or Shine Located next to Toronto's historic Sugar Beach General Admission $56.75.

I thought that the Parks Department had been told they could no longer totally close public parks like this and I see that there are huge trucks now parked on the lawn _ which was already a mess as the underground sprinkler pipes are broken. No doubt it will all be good for the trees!

Yeah, that sour smell is fairly common when walking right next to the plant. Sometimes is chokingly strong. Thankfully it doesn't seem to carry as far as that sugar/caramel smell.

I got an update from WT - no ETA - basically it won't open until it is safe (from Aqualina/vista construction). I definitely wouldn't think that would be August.

AoD
It was open today. They've done a nice job on it - there is a sidewalk on the South side of Kanadario Lane, and then a wider one on the North side, and the total effect is of a lot of space.

It was open today. They've done a nice job on it - there is a sidewalk on the South side of Kanadario Lane, and then a wider one on the North side, and the total effect is of a lot of space.

That's certainly a nice surprise! Guess asking the local construction workers is the better route sometimes :)

AoD

When I say open, I mean the fence was open in two places. But they have fenced off Market Wharf, so it looks like it could be opened. There were lots of people checking it out.

Fences up again on 4 August but the latest extension looks good.

Back