Toronto The Selby | 165.5m | 50s | Tricon | bKL Architecture

T'was only a suggestion, I just don't see why your getting all worked up about the mullion caps. Sure, it may look better without them being silver, though like smt suggested it may just be exaggerated. But in any case that's certainly not the first thing I think of when I see the model. I appreciate the non-standard color & texture and its overall cohesiveness. In contrast, a relatively minor design detail like that is not going to ruin the building for me if they build what is shown.

This is not the same as the King West condo where the developer shifted to rentals do to poor sales. The developers of the Selby sold all the units to one purchaser. That purchaser may rent them out or not.

Haven't seen it posted here yet, but the Clarion Hotel has been closed for several weeks now. There was a dumpster on site when it first shut down, and they were emptying the building.

This is not the same as the King West condo where the developer shifted to rentals do to poor sales. The developers of the Selby sold all the units to one purchaser. That purchaser may rent them out or not.

No, this is not the case. Diamondcorp sold the entire site to a new developer/investor who is building the same tower but rental units. As I said previously in this post, the tower design is staying the same but will likely be value engineered further.

No, this is not the case. Diamondcorp sold the entire site to a new developer/investor who is building the same tower but rental units. As I said previously in this post, the tower design is staying the same but will likely be value engineered further.

I can only magine what it will look like.

The tower design will look slightly different. They are lowering height 5m AND adding a residential floor (8' or 8' 6" ceilings now maybe?).

There was 3m20cm in the original plan for floor, it will drop to 3m00cm. That's till pretty high. Take 30cm out for the slab, you've still got 2m70cm… and that's till over 8 foot 10 inches per floor. They were going BIG with this building, and it'll still be big.

Last edited:
2.95m is the industry standard, so compare against that. If it was originally 3.2m, a drop to 2.95 would result in a height drop without creating unusually low ceilings.

Anyone know when this one might start? I imagine sooner than later? It is all cleared out. I'm really curious as to how they will relocate the mansion part.

Back